Author Topic: 1841 - 1851 Census lookup  (Read 2442 times)

Offline annespencer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1841 - 1851 Census lookup
« on: Monday 15 August 05 05:05 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I've being searching for a EMMA HENDERSON born abt 1844 North Shields Northumberland.  Her fathers name is unknown and her mother's name is REGINA HENDERSON. Could someone please look up either 1841 or 1851 census to verify this information.  Her death certificate stated that she married James Liddle in North Shields, northumberland in September 1856.

I've been unable to locate any records at all.

Many thanks,
Anne
Whitehouse,Yorkshire.  Spencer and McMillin -Leceistershire. Skerratt - Staffordshire Cartlidge- Staffordshire Dyer - Wiltshire

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 - 1851 Census lookup
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 August 05 22:48 BST (UK) »
Are you sure of Emma's birthdate 1844?  She would only have been 12 if she married in 1856
Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline annespencer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 16 August 05 02:46 BST (UK) »
Sorry,
Her birth dates vary so much!  The average age ( according to her childrens birth certificates is abt 1837.)

I have feeling that this couple may not have married.

Anne
Whitehouse,Yorkshire.  Spencer and McMillin -Leceistershire. Skerratt - Staffordshire Cartlidge- Staffordshire Dyer - Wiltshire

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 16 August 05 08:29 BST (UK) »
I found the information you gave in your posting was on the Rootsweb site, have you thought about logging on there and contacting the submitter - someone in Australia? I've looked through 1841 census for North Shields and there were some Hendersons, but not Regina or James Liddle.  The marriage was not registered (according to the GRO records) in 1856 - it's certainly a mystery!  ???
Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline annespencer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 17 August 05 02:37 BST (UK) »
Barbara,

Thank you for your help.  Unfortunately, I'm aware of the source of the Rootsweb site which is Emma Henderson's death certificate which is full of inaccuracies.
Thank you for trying,
Anne