Author Topic: Information on a Mr Childs  (Read 715 times)

Offline Rockinron

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Information on a Mr Childs
« on: Wednesday 10 April 19 00:40 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any information about a Mr Childs.  Was Born in Cairns Queensland Australia.  Date of Birth ?1939.  Was a pupil of Hambledon State School Queensland. Was a Electrical Engineer in the Royal Australian Air force. Last known living in Ainslie Australian Capital Territory. And also by the 1980 Census. Was based at Fairbairn Air Force Base in the late 60's.  He also worked at the Canberra Community Hospital as a Biomedical Engineer.  He is my daughters father. I believe his wife's name is (*)

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Information
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 April 19 00:50 BST (UK) »
Hi,  welcome to Rootschat,  can you confirm that you already know that your person of interest born abt 1939 in Qld, Australia, is no longer living? 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Information
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 10 April 19 01:13 BST (UK) »
May I mention that it is possible that your person of interest, and all the others mentioned in your post are still alive and likely living in Australia. 

I have asked for a volunteer moderator to look at this thread.

JM

R2M 1015 hours NSW time.
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline spades

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Information on a Mr Childs
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 10 April 19 05:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Rockinron,

As noted above, to protect personal privacy we do not post the names of living or possibly living persons on RootsChat. I have edited your post leaving the surname as a clue to anyone who might have a connection and reply to you.

Although we can't post names of the living, we can assist in other ways by helping you to fill in the gaps in your data. Personal information can be exchanged or passed to you via the Personal Message (PM) facility. You need to make another two posts to activate the PM system, so just reply twice with a smiley.

If you have any questions about how to get the best out of RootsChat just ask on this topic. There's is a lot of expertise gathered here and everyone to keen to help.

Spades
ELLERKER - Beverley ERY ENG
HEALEY - IRL?
MURDOCH - Wigtownshire SCT, Otago and Westland NZ
PALING - Nottinghamshire ENG
RILEY - Flamborough; Cottingham; South Dalton ERY, Manitoba CAN, & London ENG
STURTON - Arnold, Nottinghamshire ENG
SUTTRON - All, NRY & DUR ENG
TAYLOR - London ENG
TYLER - London ENG
TERNAN/TIERNAN - Dublin IRL

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Information on a Mr Childs
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 10 April 19 06:55 BST (UK) »
Here is a live link to cemeteries in Canberra, you only need to enter a surname  :) and tick the ALL option

http://www.canberracemeteries.com.au/grave-search

Here is a live link to Canberra' Crematorium's Memorial search,  again just a surname is needed
http://search.norwoodpark.com.au/

Here is a broader index https://austcemindex.com/ - I had checked these earlier ... no sightings

JM