Author Topic: Sealed Will of John Birnie Walker - Died 1942  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Birnro

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sealed Will of John Birnie Walker - Died 1942
« on: Tuesday 16 April 19 18:04 BST (UK) »
Good afternoon all,

Please can you help me with the following query. I have been trying to access the will of the above Scotsman. He was who was a Glasgow based accountant.

According to the entry for this gentleman in the 1942 England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), Mr Walker of 408 Albert Drive, Pollokshields, Glasgow died on 2 May 1942. Confirmation of James King Walker (brother) and John Neil Orr, writers (i.e. solicitors). Sealed Llandudno 25 June.

From what I can determine, John had relatives who lived in Llandudno; his aunt, Mary Jane McNeill and her husband Lachlan McNeill, who are both buried in St Tudno's Churchyard, Llandudno.

I approached the England & Wales record office in order to obtain a copy of the will but was sent a standard letter which did not begin to answer my query and point me in the right direction.

Is any one able to help me?

Best wishes,

Birnro

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Sealed Will of John Birnie Walker - Died 1942
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 April 19 18:07 BST (UK) »
I think that the probate office moved out of London to LLandudno during world war 2

ADDED Other London area probate records at that time seem to confirm that.  Sorry I can't help further
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Sealed Will of John Birnie Walker - Died 1942
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 16 April 19 18:11 BST (UK) »
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk