Author Topic: Samuel Woods - Conflicting Info?  (Read 1822 times)

Offline Sockelf

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel Woods - Conflicting Info?
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 01 May 19 17:15 BST (UK) »
Probably not but the O.P. knows the GG Grandmother was named Mary Elizabeth Woods (26 NOV 1885 • Belfast, Antrim, Ireland.......

As you rightly advised..."You really do need to go back and do your family tree checking actual records.".....

Checking the actual records will prove or disprove if she was born Belfast or not etc!! Much better than relying on an online tree that grows apples on one branch and oranges on another.

I make it to be Magherafelt District.... which can be selected from list on Left!

No your absolutely right and this is all helping paint a clearer picture. While I wasn't solely relying on using other potential family trees, I guess I was taking it a bit for granted. I do know Londonderry does pop up later so that could be a strong indicator that's where to look specifically. I know it was Northern Ireland, but thinking the Belfast was one of those "apples vs oranges" on the branch that I fell for.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel Woods - Conflicting Info?
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 01 May 19 17:18 BST (UK) »
After this check Mother's maiden name on Birth Certs

I know from my GG Grandmother's death certificate its O'Brein(s) as her mother's maiden name

Just a matter of checking Births and do your family tree checking actual records for those who have correct parents!
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.