Author Topic: Ancestry problems (again!!)  (Read 6961 times)

Offline AllanUK

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ancestry problems (again!!)
« on: Wednesday 01 May 19 09:12 BST (UK) »
Morning all,

Logged into Ancestry this morning and no matter what I tried to search, I was presented with error messages such as:

Searching for a named ancestor via 'Search all records' (information previously found via Ancestry) only to be presented with 'An unexpected error occurred'

On trying to use the search area 'Schools, Directories and Church Histories' presented with 'We're sorry, this page is no longer available' This applies to all other search topics, Census, BMDs etc.

Really getting to the end of my patience with Ancestry. Have been a subscriber for 20+ years, seriously thinking about stopping.

Allan

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry problems (again!!)
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 May 19 09:25 BST (UK) »

My error message was "An unexpected error occurred. You can try reloading the page, or come back later"  ::)

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline cew1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 May 19 09:26 BST (UK) »
Hi.

I'm having the same problem. Very annoying!

Chris

Offline AllanUK

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 01 May 19 09:35 BST (UK) »
Just had a reply from an 'Ancestry expert' --

Hi Allan
My name is Lauren. I am an Ancestry Directly Expert . We are not employees of Ancestry but certified expert users .
We can not access your account but can offer you other assistance.
Ancestry is suffering a fault with records searching currently. They are aware and are working to resolve it but don't have an estimate of a timeframe for resolution at this stage
Regards
Lauren

Yet again, Ancestry are suffering with 'a fault' and 'don't have an estimate of a timeframe for resolution' --- what about subscribers suffering, Ancestry is just about 'not fit for purpose' these days.

Allan

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 01 May 19 09:38 BST (UK) »
In the past if unable to access thru ancestry.co.uk or ancestry.com - it was possible to get in thru ancestry.ca or ancestry.com.au but not today apparently..................... ::)

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 01 May 19 09:42 BST (UK) »
Look on the bright side folks. When things go glitchy it usually means there is an improvement about to be implemented  :)
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 01 May 19 09:53 BST (UK) »

with ancestry...........lol...............can't wait.............. ;) ;)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 01 May 19 09:56 BST (UK) »
It's been like that with the DNA section for ages now.  I think they've been trying to make our experience 'fun'   :-X :-X :-X

We have a thread running on the DNA board. Each day there are more oddities!
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Flemming

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 01 May 19 10:39 BST (UK) »
Same here, and it took 30 mins to log in to FindMyPast today only to get the following message...

Sorry, we had trouble getting those results.
Please try again or contact our Customer Support team for help.

Losing the will to live.

No problems with any of the free sites. Family Search did an upgrade a few days ago (Sunday?) and put a banner across the top of the screen apologising for any inconvenience but there didn't seem to be any.

I hope the 'enhancements' that follow these glitches on the sub sites are worth waiting for  ::)