Author Topic: Death of Peter PRICE, Barnsley?  (Read 470 times)

Offline ctrunfree

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Death of Peter PRICE, Barnsley?
« on: Monday 06 May 19 16:11 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone

I'm wondering whether someone could help me find the death of my 4 x g grandfather, Peter PRICE (1760-?).  He was a 22 year old Hostler at his marriage to Ann WHITWORTH at Barnsley St Mary's on 8 Nov 1782.  They had at least six children (Ann 1788, my 3 x g grandfather John 1783, Thomas 1785, Elizabeth 1790, Sarah 1794 and George 1796), all baptised at Barnsley St Mary's.

By the time of Ann's baptism he is described in the register as a pauper.  I can't find him in the 1841 Census, or in any death registrations.  I can't think he would have strayed too far from Barnsley.

I'd welcome any suggestions.
NEAL, TAYLOR, WRIGHT, BIDWELL, PRICE, YEARDLEY, RODGERS, HANDLEY, ELLIS, LOWE, HOUGH, ANNABLE, DAWSON, SANDERSON, PARKIN

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Death of Peter PRICE, Barnsley?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 May 19 16:41 BST (UK) »
The Bishop's Transcript for Barnsley St Mary have a burial 28 December 1826 for a Peter Price age 73. That gives a year of birth of 1753 which is out by 7 years from the dob you have given. Worth remebering that the info given at death is only as good as the knowledge of the person giving it.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline ctrunfree

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 May 19 16:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks Emelton, that was quick!  Are the Bishop's transcripts online by any chance?  I'm also interested in finding the death record for Peter's wife Ann nee WHITWORTH, who was apparently born in 1754. 
NEAL, TAYLOR, WRIGHT, BIDWELL, PRICE, YEARDLEY, RODGERS, HANDLEY, ELLIS, LOWE, HOUGH, ANNABLE, DAWSON, SANDERSON, PARKIN

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 May 19 18:44 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately I can't see anything for Ann. There are some transcriptions for Barnsley on FreeReg, and some BT's on FindMyPast. Not sure about Ancestry.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more