Author Topic: My sisters  (Read 859 times)

Offline EMOHROU

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
My sisters
« on: Tuesday 07 May 19 13:46 BST (UK) »
Hi.
My name is Jennie, I have an old photo of my sisters and I taken about 64 years ago. I was wondering if someone might be able to colour it for me. I am the little one holding the crocodile, apparently I was upset and scared and they gave me that to keep me quite, But then they took it back. Nasty people. The crocodile was green. we all have dark brown eyes and brown hair. My older sister and my 3rd eldest sister both had matching dresses made from the same green curtains as mum used to make all our clothes, we were very poor, but happy. Sadly my older sister and I are the only ones still alive.
If anyone can colour this photo for me I would be over the moon.
Thankyou Jennie

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: My sisters
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 May 19 21:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Jennie, here's one from me, you are so lucky to have a lovely photo like this, don't you all have lovely eyes.  I coloured the photo then read your post again, I hadn't noticed before about the dresses being green, but fortunately I had coloured them green.
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline tomkin

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 08 May 19 11:34 BST (UK) »

I noticed Jennie, that someone has attacked the original with a felt tip or the like :o

Destroying a lot of detail especially on the hair and on some eyes.  Was it it you

Jennie?!!!!!!  :o :o :o  Just because they took the crocodile away is no reason to take out

on the photo.   Naughty Girl!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline EMOHROU

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 08 May 19 14:28 BST (UK) »
Hello Pat, Hello Tomkin.
That is so lovely, how beautiful they are. Thankyou so very very much. I cannot wait to sent these off to my children and sister. And I actually didnt notice that someone must have tried to touch the photo up Tomkin, it certainly wasnt me, artwork is not one of my strong points. LOL. I have just been sitting and staring at these two coloured photos.
So very very well done, its hard to fathom at the moment.
Thankyou from my heart
Love Jennie 

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 08 May 19 15:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Jennie and welcome to Rootschat...A clean and re-tone for you, colour to follow.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline EMOHROU

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 09 May 19 10:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol.
Thank you, that's great. it most definitely looks softer then the old original, I cannot wait to see your color version.  The coloring is so fantastic, I am really impressed with all this.
Thanking you. Jennie

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 09 May 19 14:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Jennie...Here is the colour version for your collection.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 09 May 19 15:09 BST (UK) »
...one with more contrast and a slight texture.
Carol

Offline hoobaloo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 09 May 19 16:40 BST (UK) »
A try from me, John.