Author Topic: Maitland family Port Hope Ont.  (Read 664 times)

Offline karene.mcdowell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Maitland family Port Hope Ont.
« on: Wednesday 08 May 19 17:09 BST (UK) »
My Maitland family come from Co Down in Northern Ireland. I have “lost” part of my GGGgrandfathers family, two brothers James Maitland b 1793 and Joseph (1809). James was married in Ireland and had at least 4 children Margaret (1822) John (1825) robert and Mary Jane (1831).

I have found a similar Maitland family with roughly the right dates and names in Port Hope Canada. I’ve been able to trace further generations in Canada but  wondering if anyone has any connections to this family to either prove or disprove the connection??

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Maitland family Port Hope Ont.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 April 21 16:58 BST (UK) »
Hello..

It's been a while since you posted this but more info might be available now.

Can you tell us who the parents of brothers James and Joseph were and who was the wife of James?

PB

We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline karene.mcdowell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 30 April 21 17:09 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have since posting, found DNA links that connect me. to the families. Are you connected?

James and Joseph”s parents were John Maitland born 1775 ( I’m assuming in Northern Ireland , but have no proof) and Mary Robinson. The details come from marriages and baptism records from the Banbridge, Co Down area

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 30 April 21 17:33 BST (UK) »
Hi again.

Glad you have found your links. I'm not connected....just wanted to try and help.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline karene.mcdowell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 30 April 21 17:41 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the thought, much appreciated . If you ever need any help with Northern Irish records let me know
Regards
Karen