Author Topic: LMA Lookup Please  (Read 2757 times)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: LMA Lookup Please
« Reply #18 on: Friday 10 May 19 10:22 BST (UK) »
What details does the birth certificate of the child born 1875 give. 
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline SuzyWoo

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 10 May 19 10:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosie99,

Feeling really silly now, didn't think of unknown.  :P

Henry Edward Simmons was the baby born in 1875.  His father is down as William Simmons, a painter.

The two children I previously knew about were brought up in Sussex by their grandparents after their Mum died.  I was unaware of the `middle' child until yesterday, so I have only just ordered his birth certificate.  We will see what this one gives any different information.

Sue  :D

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 10 May 19 10:39 BST (UK) »
Who was the informant on Henrys birth, what addresses were given for birth and informant and what date was it registered. 

Offline SuzyWoo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 10 May 19 10:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosie99,

Unfortunately, the birth certificate and Elizabeths death certificate add to the dead end.  They were both registered by the nurse that was present at both.

The two children that I know of were taken to Sussex where Willie James (the eldest, also my Gt Grandfather) was brought up by his grandparents.  The baby, Henry Edward was brought up by Elizabeths brother and his wife.  He was baptised in Seaford as Charles Cooley Simmons, so I don't even know whether they were aware of his `legal' name.

My Gt Grandfather was only 5 when his mother died and always blamed the baby for his mothers death, although they did keep in contact as adults.

As my Gt Grandfather was so young we can only go on what he was told about his father as I doubt he would remember much about him.

He was told that his father had tried to commit suicide after Elizabeths death, but this is only a passed down story.

Sue

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 10 May 19 13:03 BST (UK) »
That is a shame, I was also hoping for some clue about William.  If only we could find them in 1871

I have similar 'blame' stories in my trees including my grandmother who always blamed her father for the death of her mother following childbirth, the baby died too. 

Offline SuzyWoo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 10 May 19 13:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosie99,

What a shame the baby died too.  At least mine survived.

I have found the family in the 1871 census, but that is just as frustrating.  Elizabeth is with baby Willie James in Sussex, visiting her parents, with no sign of father William anywhere.

I can get back Elizabeths family to the 1500s but hubby William is proving very elusive.

Sue