Author Topic: Can anyone make sense of this 1939 entry?  (Read 1077 times)

Offline chris_49

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Unknown Father - swiving then vanishing since 1750
    • View Profile
Can anyone make sense of this 1939 entry?
« on: Thursday 09 May 19 19:05 BST (UK) »
This is the redacted elder daughter of relatives of mine from the previous page. Usually when you get an entry like this, it means that this is her future married name, but Googling finds no such name as McDinget (and very few Dingets). It could be foreign, but it looks very obviously Scots or Irish, and seems to be a correction from McDingrel or similar (that doesn't exist either).

Are the dates to the left her supposed marriage date and the (later) date of change or correction? And what can the other letters and squiggles mean?  Does McDinget refer to something else?

I should add that this lady could well be still alive. So I'm not asking for anything about her. I can tell you that there's no marriage for her in England and Wales to anyone remotely like this, though she could have married elsewhere or abroad.  Indeed there are no BMDs for any version of this name at all (the odd Dinget in the USA). 

Thanks in advance, Chris
Skelcey (Skelsey Skelcy Skeley Shelsey Kelcy Skelcher) - Warks, Yorks, Lancs <br />Hancox - Warks<br />Green - Warks<br />Draper - Warks<br />Lynes - Warks<br />Hudson - Warks<br />Morris - Denbs Mont Salop <br />Davies - Cheshire, North Wales<br />Fellowes - Cheshire, Denbighshire<br />Owens - Cheshire/North Wales<br />Hicks - Cornwall<br />Lloyd and Jones (Mont)<br />Rhys/Rees (Mont)

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone make sense of this 1939 entry?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 May 19 19:58 BST (UK) »
Chris, the <br> in your signature isn't displaying correctly.  I'm using Chrome on Android. I think it is because of the superfluous spaces. I can't recall which way the closing slashes go.

Martin

Offline SiGr

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 May 19 20:29 BST (UK) »
Is it not 'McDingell' ? i.e. two letters 'l' at the end.
(1) Janions of Cheshire, Lancashire, Hawaii, Vancouver and Seattle.
(2) Gregorys of Tarporley, Cheshire.
(3) Pughs of 'The New Pale' near Frodsham and Delamere in Cheshire.
(4) Nevills of Llanelly, Llangennech and Felinfoel.
(5) Yaldens of Ovington/Lovington in Hampshire.

Offline tillypeg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 09 May 19 20:37 BST (UK) »
There's a McDangal marriage in S1961 Northumberland.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 09 May 19 20:43 BST (UK) »
And a McDougall in 1961 Scotland if we are talking about the daughter b 1936?

www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline chris_49

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Unknown Father - swiving then vanishing since 1750
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 09 May 19 21:46 BST (UK) »
Thanks everybody.

All seem to concur that this is a marriage amendment, which is what I was asking about. If this is the marriage that Carole found in Scotland, then they've transcribed it horribly wrongly.
Skelcey (Skelsey Skelcy Skeley Shelsey Kelcy Skelcher) - Warks, Yorks, Lancs <br />Hancox - Warks<br />Green - Warks<br />Draper - Warks<br />Lynes - Warks<br />Hudson - Warks<br />Morris - Denbs Mont Salop <br />Davies - Cheshire, North Wales<br />Fellowes - Cheshire, Denbighshire<br />Owens - Cheshire/North Wales<br />Hicks - Cornwall<br />Lloyd and Jones (Mont)<br />Rhys/Rees (Mont)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 09 May 19 23:22 BST (UK) »
Husband was b Scotland 1938.  No deaths for either of them in England or Scotland
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)