Author Topic: Kitchener, Waterloo County, Ontario - death in 1983 - finding a date?  (Read 2041 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kitchener, Waterloo County, Ontario - death in 1983 - finding a date?
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 01 June 19 19:06 BST (UK) »
I will always update for any query.
I am often left wondering when a thread comes to an abrupt end after people throw in various pieces of possible info and we don't know the outcome.
Plus, of course I am over the moon and want to shout it from the rooftops!
though its probably quite wrong of me to be this happy about knowing someone died :-)

Boo

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 01 June 19 19:22 BST (UK) »

That is frustrating, especially when you spend hours on something to try and get a result.
The number of people who log on, post the query and log off.  One in particular I have never seen help any one despite all the help they have had over a long period of time.  Family tree now standing at over 23,000 and still asking for help !!! that's some tree  ;)

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 01 June 19 20:22 BST (UK) »
Folk come in all shapes  sizes and attitudes, some view the web as a sort of isolated place where its  not like talking to real people, its just print on a page. It happens.

I like my 'pay forward' stance, it suits me and makes me feel better about asking for help when I need it  - I am happy with that but am aware that my ways aren't universal.

Boo