Author Topic: Hayes / Vardy / Seston / Limb / Revill / Gill / Stone / Gaunt / Butler  (Read 1577 times)

Offline davidwgrobinson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hayes / Vardy / Seston / Limb / Revill / Gill / Stone / Gaunt / Butler
« on: Thursday 13 June 19 20:40 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I've just been through the board, and nothing has come up there to help me, so I thought I'd put my own thread up.

Initially I would ask if anyone has also researched the following names below then could they get in touch, before I start asking specific questions.   I have some information about the families, burial records, census records etc, but I am looking specifically for graves, so anyone who can chat and help would be appreciated.

I'll give a main family name, a village and a couple of recent people so it's not too scattergun.

Looking for people who have researched the following families.

Hayes - From Pilsley including William Hayes died 1911 and his wife Mary Ann died in 1912
 Vardy - from Pilsley ? George Vardy was born in 1828 and lived in Pilsley, Tibshelf and Swanick, His
            wife Ann Vardy I believe was born in Shirland in 1833 and lived in Pilsley in 190.
 Seston -  From Clowne, Thomas Seston died in 1914, his son was Charlie who died in Creswell
 Froggatt - From Barlborough, George Froggatt died in 1877 and his wife Ann in 1871
 Revill - From Clowne, the precursers to the Seston's Sarah Revill died in 1862
 Limb - Ault Hucknall Area, Robert Limb died in 1884 in Tibshelf, his ancestors were buried in Ault
           Hucknall
 Gill & Stone - From Darley, William Gill died in Darley in 1891, Joseph Stone in 1808
 Gaunt & Butler - from the Horsley area, Joseph Butler died in Horsley in 1902 and Joseph Gaunt in

If you have any of the above in your tree and would like to help me fill in the blanks then please either message me or write below.

Thanks

David

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hayes / Vardy / Seston / Limb / Revill / Gill / Stone / Gaunt / Butler
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 13 June 19 20:51 BST (UK) »
Have you checked the Surnames Interest Table?
There's a link at the bottom of every RootsChat page!

While you're there, why not add your own surname interests?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline davidwgrobinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 13 June 19 21:30 BST (UK) »
I didn't know about the table, I will look it up, I've not seen it before.

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 June 19 01:33 BST (UK) »
I suggest that if you need help in finding specific information, you start a separate thread for each surname & place. E.g. Title: Hayes from Pilsley. Opening post: Names, dates and what information you seek and what you already have.
When you post a new thread which has a connection to an existing thread, say so. Links between the 2 can be posted so that helpers can read each post and see what's already been found.
I would also suggest that you don't post all the threads at once - you don't want to overwhelm people.
Information found is usually posted on the thread unless it's personal, sensitive or complex or about someone who may be alive or only recently deceased, or includes sources which can't be posted on a public forum.
Hope this helps you make good use of RootsChat. The "Help" heading at top of page has a section "How to use RootsChat".
Cowban

Offline davidwgrobinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 14 June 19 08:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks Maiden Stone,

That was my plan, I am working through separate branches of the family, Derbyshire however as quite a few names, before I started I was just asking generally.

If someone popped up and said I've done Seston, then I would have started their first.

If no one see's  this and pop's with a name, I'll go in the order i have ready, although I'll check the surname list first now I know about it.

Offline Designer Jeans

• RootsChat Veteran
  • We are who we are because they were who they were
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 19 June 19 14:42 BST (UK) »
Hi

I can't see a George Vardy bpt 1828 in my tree, but as far as I am aware all the Vardy's in the area descend from William and Elizabeth Vardy who bpt children in Sutton in Ashfield from 1739 to 1748.  If you can let me have more details I will have a look for your George's branch.

I used to correspond with a Roy Seston, but assume he passed away many years ago.

Valerie
Derbys: Ward, Hopkinson, Bradley, Birds, Clarke, Taylor, Daykin, Gent, Vardy, Cotterill, Stocks, Godber, Dronfield, Charlesworth, Bonsall, Purseglove
Notts: Clarke, Freeman, Kitchen, Allcock, Housley, Swanwick, Berrisford, Farnsworth, Antcliffe
Staffs: Nutt, Bowring
Yorks: Holling, Fish, Kay, Hardy
Lincs: Plummer, Broughton, Wellbourne

Offline davidwgrobinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 19 June 19 15:28 BST (UK) »
I have sent you a pm Valerie.

Offline ruth52

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 22 June 19 17:36 BST (UK) »
I have Gills in my tree but don't know if they will link to yours, my line is back from Mary Gill who married John Trevis. She died in 1814. As far as I am aware she had one brother - John Gill born 1770. I have researched the line back to Samuel Gill 1661-1711. All from Darley.
Any good?

Ruth
whyatt/wyatt - chesterfield,de rusett/quigley,crosbie -india, barber, beswick- yorkshire, astridge- portsmouth,
travis, gill, barker, fielding- derbyshire

Offline davidwgrobinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 22 June 19 18:01 BST (UK) »

Hi Ruth,

I have a Samuel Gill 1661 - 1711, he is my 8th Great Grandfather, if I've worked it out properly.

I will send you a pm.

David

I have Gills in my tree but don't know if they will link to yours, my line is back from Mary Gill who married John Trevis. She died in 1814. As far as I am aware she had one brother - John Gill born 1770. I have researched the line back to Samuel Gill 1661-1711. All from Darley.
Any good?

Ruth