Author Topic: Jean Downard  (Read 1209 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Jean Downard
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 18 June 19 18:52 BST (UK) »

Well deserved............. ;) ;)

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline coelmar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Jean Downard
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 19 June 19 16:07 BST (UK) »

THREAD NOW COMPLETE

Hello
     Augustus Charles Downard and his second wife Elizabeth Alice Davis married 1928 and their daughter Jean was born 1929 in Pancras Registration District, London.
     Jean was not living with her mother in Northants, nor her father in St Pancras on the 1939 Register.     I know there was friction between Augustus and the Downards, it would seem there was also friction between him and his wife.
     She was not with any of the Downard family either, but as I do not know her Davis grandparents I have been unable to check if she was with them.
      Jean had a child in Islington in 1952, and he was adopted.     He has found one of the Downards and asked if they knew of his birth mother.
      Jean went to Canada in October 1952, on board the Queen Elizabeth to New York and then on to Canada.
       She was again in New York in May 1954 on board Queen Mary on her way to Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Anyone know anything which might help me find Jean?
NOW COMPLETE,  many thanks to those who helped me.

Moderator comment: Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Davidson & Young in Ayrshire::  Deacon in Beds:: Hawkins & Young in Berks::  Grant, Hammond & Southgate in Essex::  Punter & Sorrell in London:: Dennison in Suffolk & Yorks