Author Topic: Henry BAKER bapt. West Wycombe 1803 & the identity of his grandparents  (Read 584 times)

Offline nong43

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Hello folks

Before I shell out on a 100-year search from Bucks FHS I just want to check if I'm going in the right direction.

My 4x-great-grandfather Henry BAKER was baptised in West Wycombe on 6 February 1803 to William and Elizabeth. I believe Elizabeth's maiden name to be CARR, but I was wondering if someone with access to the West Wycombe parish registers might be able to check there aren't any other Elizabeths it might be.

In addition, if Elizabeth CARR is the only likely candidate, would someone be able to check if her parents were Robert CARR and Jane LANE, as I suspect them to be? She was baptised in West Wycombe on 4 March 1770 (with Robert and Jane marrying on 9 August 1764).

Thanks in anticipation

Martin
BKM/OXF: Harvey, Broughton, Goldswain, Braden, Ridgley, Wheeler, Lunnon, Dean, Austin, Franklin, Baldwin, Blackwell, Brooks, Ashby, East, Goodchild, Loosley, Stratford, Newell, Johnson, Bailey, Hobbs
BRK/OXF: Maskell, Waite, Ilsley, Harwood, Fuce, Lookman, Patey
SSX: Funnell, Hollengam, Gilbert, Ellis, Marchant, Harmer, Godfrey, Stoneham, Percy, Lavender
MDX/LDN/HRT: Seywell, Neville, Woods
KEN: Weller, Bishop, Friday, Maynard
ENG: Pewtress
Romnichal: Evans, Alford, Jeffs, Loveridge

Offline riholt

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry BAKER bapt. West Wycombe 1803 & the identity of his grandparents
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 August 19 21:12 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Family Search has baptisms and marriages for this period covering West Wycombe. You should be able to search with a simple surname/first name combination.

If you want to know all possible marriages because of a common name, then the BucksFHS search would give you most of the options. It would also include any witnesses which may help which were never included on the IGI transcripts.

Hope that helps!