Author Topic: Harry James Vernon  (Read 4467 times)

Offline Clairekellet

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Harry James Vernon
« Reply #9 on: Monday 01 July 19 18:15 BST (UK) »
Hmmm...heywood..I don't know.They all seem to disappear in 1929!
The older girls can be found but nobody else.
I have contacted people on  Ancestry that have Sarah Amy and the daughters on their trees but nobody has information about Sarah's death or what happened  to George Edwin or the existance of Harry James and my Grandfather.The latter don't appear on anyone's tree & nobody appears to be searching for them.
Imagine my excitement when I ordered my Grandfathers birth certificate & typed in Harry James Vernon pianoforte fitter Islington 1907 & TracyL's old thread appeared on Google! I thought at last the mystery might be solved.Ho hum!  :P
Vernon
Jepps
Kellett

Offline Clairekellet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 01 July 19 18:16 BST (UK) »
Hi avm228....any help VERY much appreciated.I would love to crack this for my Father and myself!My Grandfather was a bit of an enigma...but that's another story! ;D
Vernon
Jepps
Kellett

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 01 July 19 18:33 BST (UK) »
I don't think we did much on George Edwin Bolton last time around and he will need "tidying up".

Birth reg seems to be as George Edwin Bolton, mother's maiden name Marshall, Dec qtr 1865 St Saviour Southwark 1d 22.

He's with parents George and Eliza in South Stoneham, Hants in 1871, but the family returns to London later on I think as his younger sister Sophia Theresa Bolton born 1869 Southampton dies in Islington in 1876. 

1871 ref: RG10/1198/44/40.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 01 July 19 18:38 BST (UK) »
I don't think we did much on George Edwin Bolton last time around and he will need "tidying up".

Birth reg seems to be as George Edwin Bolton, mother's maiden name Marshall, Dec qtr 1865 St Saviour Southwark 1d 22.

He's with parents George and Eliza in South Stoneham, Hants in 1871, but the family returns to London later on I think as his younger sister Sophia Theresa Bolton born 1869 Southampton dies in Islington in 1876. 

I looked at this George earlier,but discounted him as Claire seemed to think that her great grandad was in his 60's when grandad was born and this one would only be 42?

Hmmm not sure  ;D
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 01 July 19 18:40 BST (UK) »
The Sarah Amy Cook and George Edwin Bolton marriage is on Ancestry- it was at St John The Baptist Islington on 2nd Oct 1887.

Sarah age 20 a spinster of 29 Orchard Street father Wiliam Henry Cook scale maker.
George also 20 bach,confectioner also of 20 Orchard Street father George William Bolton engineer.

Witnesses...Henry Garrett and Amy Garrett.

Amy Garrett was George Edwin Bolton's sister, married as Amy Augustus Bolton to Henry Garrett at St John the Baptist, Islington on 1 August 1886.

Witnesses: Charles Ford & Clara Ford. (In turn this is likely to be older sister Clara Bolton, marr Charles Ford Dec qtr 1884 St Olave).
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 01 July 19 18:42 BST (UK) »

I looked at this George earlier,but discounted him as Claire seemed to think that her great grandad was in his 60's when grandad was born and this one would only be 42?

Hmmm not sure  ;D

Discounted him as being the same person as Harry James Vernon you mean?  Yes, there are certainly problems with that hypothesis.  But then again perhaps we may need to apply flexibility to the family recollection if the evidence shows that GEB disappears into nowhere at the same time as HJV appears out of nowhere!

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 01 July 19 18:43 BST (UK) »
Silly me I forgot to take the witnesses further  :-[

So looks like you're not correct thinking that great grandad was in his 60's Claire  8)

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 01 July 19 18:45 BST (UK) »

Hmmm not sure  ;D

Discounted him as being the same person as Harry James Vernon you mean?  Yes there are certainly problems with that hypothesis.  But then again perhaps we may need to apply flexibility to the family recollection if the evidence shows that GEB disappears into nowhere at the same time as HJV appears out of nowhere!

No I discounted his as being the correct George Edwin Vernon (supposedly in his 60's when grandad was born in 1907) But obviously it fits (bar a couple of years) to the 1887 marriage to Sarah Amy Cook.

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 01 July 19 18:45 BST (UK) »
Ignore me I've lost the plot............I need food. ;D ;D ;D