Author Topic: Bernadette Kathleen McCluskey/Millward/Jones  (Read 604 times)

Offline MikeJ85

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bernadette Kathleen McCluskey/Millward/Jones
« on: Saturday 13 July 19 19:35 BST (UK) »
I’m researching my grandmother, of whom we have little information. She was born ~1930, people who remember her tell us that she was Irish, therefore, we assume she was born in Ireland.

She married Bernard Toon Millward in 1952 in Aberystwyth (Wales), they had one child, born 1952. Their marriage certificate has her name down as Kathleen McCluskey, her fathers name is down as John McCluskey.

The birth certificate of the first child has the mothers, (my grandmother) name as Kathleen Bernadette Millward.

She was divorced from Bernard Millward in Aberystwyth between 1952 and 1955.

She then married David William Jones (my grandfather) in Aberystwyth in 1955, her name is listed on the marriage certificate as Bernadette Kathleen Millward, her father as John McCluskey. They had three children, one whom died within a year of his birth.

The birth certificate for all the three children has her name as Bernadette Kathleen Jones.

In 1961 (all three children - from both marriages) are recorded as moving to Dublin from School records.

In 1962 the first child (from the marriage to Bernard Millward) was baptised in St Pappin's church, Ballymun, Dublin. Bernadette Kathleen Millward is down as Kathleen Jane Jones on the certificate.

The three children are then recorded as returning to Wales in late 1962. It’s unclear whether Bernadette Kathleen Jones returned with the children or stayed in Ireland, but she wasn’t heard from after this time.

There was a search for her and a public notice listed in the Daily Telegraph around 1978/1979 in order for David William Jones to initiate divorce proceedings in her absence.

We have been unable to find this newspaper record.

We are unable to find a birth certificate that matches up with the details we have for her and no further information of where she might have gone to or what may have happened to her.

Any help would be appreciated, you’re welcome to contact me in private.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Bernadette Kathleen McCluskey/Millward/Jones
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 July 19 20:31 BST (UK) »
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 13 July 19 21:26 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat  :)

You need at least 2 posts to use PM (Personal Message) system so just post a response on this thread so that anyone can get in touch privately if they think they might be able to help.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline MikeJ85

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 13 July 19 21:48 BST (UK) »
Thank you