Author Topic: Access to marriage records for Mathon church ?  (Read 1051 times)

Offline LaytonLily

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Access to marriage records for Mathon church ?
« on: Sunday 14 July 19 12:40 BST (UK) »
I wonder if by any chance anyone has access to the marriage records for Mathon church which I understand are at Hereford RO.    I am wanting to see if there is a surname given  for:

William Vobe married Martha   About 1652. 

The details I had written down many years ago, taken from the original church record book, was just for the Christian name of Martha - and I know it was not unusual to leave out the women's surname !  - but I need to know if a surname was given and I missed it.

Many thanks for any help
ASTON, Birmingham : TWIST, B.ham: HUNT, B.ham: LAYTON, Worcestershire: LAYTON, B.ham: BISHOP, Leic.: TYSALL, B.ham: BURLEY,B.ham: SCOTT,B.ham: FISHER, B.ham : PRICHARD,Wales: BEARD,Worc. : SCHREDER, USA

Offline Spidermonkey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://www.apigintime.net/blog
    • View Profile
Re: Access to marriage records for Mathon church ?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 August 19 14:01 BST (UK) »
William and Martha Vobe were my husband's 8xgreat grandparents.  I've just checked his tree, and I don't seem to have Martha's maiden name either.  Looking at my records, I don't have a definite marriage, so I am wondering whether I picked up her name from the birth record of their son, John Vobe?

Offline LaytonLily

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 August 19 18:26 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your reply.   Long story as to why I wanted to know - which I can share with you if want to send a private message with your e-mail address, or I can do the same for you, if interested.  I think I have ruled out the 'long story' and it was in fact  'long nonsense' !  I would be interested in sharing FH information with you anyway.    My line is the Layton family.  A cousin on that side did go to Hereford RO to see if they had Mathon marriage records for around the period 1620 but couldn't find anything to confirm.   
ASTON, Birmingham : TWIST, B.ham: HUNT, B.ham: LAYTON, Worcestershire: LAYTON, B.ham: BISHOP, Leic.: TYSALL, B.ham: BURLEY,B.ham: SCOTT,B.ham: FISHER, B.ham : PRICHARD,Wales: BEARD,Worc. : SCHREDER, USA

Offline Spidermonkey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 20 August 19 20:31 BST (UK) »
Will send you a PM now.

Offline LaytonLily

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 21 August 19 07:23 BST (UK) »
Did you send ?    cannot find it

Offline Spidermonkey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 21 August 19 09:09 BST (UK) »
No - we lost internet connection at the crucial point!  I've sent it now though.