Author Topic: James Duffin and Mary Caulfield  (Read 660 times)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
James Duffin and Mary Caulfield
« on: Monday 15 July 19 02:02 BST (UK) »
I have followed the progress of  James Duffin and Mary Caulfield from Co. Tyrone, Ireland to their deaths in USA.
James and Mary were married in 1822 in Coalisland. James was born 1790-1791. They lived in Kilsally until they emigrated in 1850 to Ohio. All of their children were baptised in Ballyclog-Donaghenry Roman Catholic church. I have learned that the parents of James Duffin were James Duffin, Sr. and Mary Rollands/Rollins. Thinking marriage would be abt 1785-1790 in Co. Tyrone. Despite my best efforts, I cannot find this marriage or the deaths of this couple.
Can anyone help with this?
Thank you
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline KimberlyD

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Duffin and Mary Caulfield
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 31 July 19 01:28 BST (UK) »
Not sure if this will help you but recently I had been looking for the marriage of great grandparents who were both born in Ireland. All of their children were also born in Ireland. I finally located information that they were married in England and then returned to Ireland where she gave birth 3 months later. Do not know why. Perhaps it is the same for you and they were married outside of Ireland.
Hope you find the information you seek.
Kimberly

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James Duffin and Mary Caulfield
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 31 July 19 01:41 BST (UK) »
Hi KimberlyD,
I had not thought of a marriage outside  Ireland. Scotland might be a  possibility. Thanks for the suggestion.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland