Author Topic: DEW - 1841,1851 Please  (Read 784 times)

Offline LeeHall

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
DEW - 1841,1851 Please
« on: Wednesday 17 August 05 10:05 BST (UK) »
Good morning - I  wonder if anyone could help with my ancestors 'lost years'?

ROBERT THOMAS DEW was born in West Drayton, Middlesex in 1828 to a SOLOMON and AMELIA DEW, then promptly disapears until his marriage on the 29th March, 1857 at Islington Reg. Office to REBECCA READ.

I have heard there is a slight possibility that ROBERT was in the army during this period - would it have been the right time for the Crimean War?

Hoping that someone can find him for me and help clear up the mystery.

Regards,
Lee
ADAMS, ALDRED, AYERS/AYRES,BAILEY,BOWLES,BROOKS,BURROWS/BURROUGHS/BORROWS, CANN,CAPPS,CATCHPOLE, EDMONDS/EDMUNDS,FISHER,GOSLING/GOSTLING, HALL, HOOK, LARKMAN, LEABON, MOORE, MOSS, MOULTON, PARK/PARKE, POWELL, SAUNDERS, SPURGEON, WORTLEY and growing...
Norfolk & Suffolk - particularly Yarmouth and Lowestoft, (some Essex, London, Liverpool, Durham)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Bryant

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Grandfather Bryant 1897
    • View Profile
Re: DEW - 1841,1851 Please
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 August 05 12:24 BST (UK) »
Lee

The Crimean War was between 1854-1856

I gather you have no knowledge of where Robert Thomas Dew was born, other than area?
Have you found Soloman & Amelia Dew in the 1841/51/61/71 ? census...........if so, what is the address and year?
What was Robert's address at the time of marriage?
was his father still alive?
who were the witnesses to the marriage? (any siblings of Robert?)
what was Robert's occupation?
what was his father Soloman's occupation?

all the little bits tell a story
Bryant
Researching names BRYANT (Camberwell), PASTERFIELD (Essex and all), RAY (Holborn/Islington areas back to Brentford), POWELL (Glouc & beyond?)
Fletcher (Glouc into Warwickshie into Lancs?), BUCKLEY (Chatham area), Watson (Chatham area).

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk