Author Topic: William Hamilton b1918 Harthill  (Read 3155 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: William Hamilton b1918 Harthill
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 21 July 19 10:07 BST (UK) »
William Hamitlon Jnr was a salesman on the 1953 border crossing. gave his last address as 600 Burrard Vancouver.  This appears to be Empire Motors Ltd.,

The Vancouver Sun  Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada 19 Jan 1952, Sat  -   Page 42

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/34079321/600_burrard_street_vancouver_1952/

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Buffalobill

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 21 July 19 10:20 BST (UK) »
Why would he give the addresses of a company as his last know address.   I have also trying to find information of his son William he mention staying at 129 18th N.E Calgary.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 21 July 19 10:30 BST (UK) »

William was single, perhaps moved from lodging house to lodging house - a roomer.

The address he was going to was 1633 American Long beach California.

In 1955 a guy called Bob Ballack started a car business at Harbor Lincoln/Mercury at 1633 American Ave., just a block up from Salta Pontiac and Beryl Berry Plymouth and tons of used car dealers. It was truly Automobile Row all the way to Willow Street.

Long Beach, City Directory, 1955 - William Hamilton - salesman - Salta Pontiac - h538d Locust   ???

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 21 July 19 10:33 BST (UK) »
Why would he give the addresses of a company as his last know address.   I have also trying to find information of his son William he mention staying at 129 18th N.E Calgary.

Perhaps it should say son of ..................and that is his father.
Although we know William Hamilton Snr was in Moose Jaw 1927 until possibly 1947 and then in Vancouver for B C Telelphone Co, before he passed in Nanaimo.

Sandra

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile

Offline Buffalobill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 21 July 19 10:39 BST (UK) »
 So I assume that william would probably have settled down in that area until his death.
  i am struggling to find any thing on the son he mentions.  How was he staying with as he would only be about 8-10 years old. I have nothing coming  up with that address.

Offline Buffalobill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 21 July 19 10:49 BST (UK) »
So I assume that william would probably have settled down in that area until his death.
  i am struggling to find any thing on the son he mentions.  How was he staying with as he would only be about 8-10 years old. I have nothing coming  up with that address.

I think you are right. Just had another look at his documents.

Offline hammann1918

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday 30 September 20 23:00 BST (UK) »
BUFFALOBILL - WILLIAM HAMILTON Born 1918, Harthill, Scotland, was my father.  I'm very intrigued of our potential family connection.

Offline peggyleg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 26 January 21 23:03 GMT (UK) »
I am needing a little bit of help trying to find William Hamilton,he was born 1918 in Harthill,Scotland and moved to Canada with his family,his parents were William Hamilton and Margaret Robertson Paterson.  I i have found out so far is that he married in Canada had a Daughter then got divorced.
  I have found  his US Border Crossing Canada  to USA document, he arrived in 1953 and Died in Nevada i 1985, going by his border crossing doc is say that he has a son William Hamilton stay in in Calgary.  I believe he married in America  and had 3 daughters but after 10 years of reseach i have found nothing.   so i would really appreciate any help i can get to close this brick wall.
Hi Buffalobill. William [Uncle Willy] was my uncle on my mothers side. Uncle willy had a son named bill who died in new denvor bc. He was the son of uncle willy and his then wife geneva. He met her in italy and brought her and billy back to canada [gene] He also had 3 daughters, Paris, Mechelle and rhena  They were the daughters of uncle willy and jennie. Uncle willy was living in los vegas when he passed. Not sure of the date.  He had as far as I know 2 other wives [1st]Moira whom I never met, they had a daughter arleen who passed in 2004 and blanch she I was told was a model.