Author Topic: Kathleen O'Connell (murdered young?) M: Alice Kennedy; F:Patrick O'Connell  (Read 4730 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Kathleen O'Connell (murdered young?) M: Alice Kennedy; F:Patrick O'Connell
« Reply #45 on: Friday 26 July 19 22:42 BST (UK) »
Just to note but presumably too late
There is a death for Kathleen Connell 1931 - 25 yrs - no personal details but sad circumstances of death.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1931/04887/4323378.pdf
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Prue Heron

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Friday 26 July 19 22:45 BST (UK) »
There is a death for Kathleen Connell 1931 - 25 yrs - no personal details but sad circumstances of death.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1931/04887/4323378.pdf
[/quote
Well, I think that could be a possible.... I'll look at the records... hmmmmm Patrick Junior knew her so she must have been born and died after he was born....

Offline Prue Heron

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 26 July 19 22:49 BST (UK) »

Sad - suicide... do you know if the death location is far from Charleville.?

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 26 July 19 22:59 BST (UK) »
She died in the hospital, Kilmallock which  is the right registration area but her residence looks to be Kilteely.
I couldn't quite read it at first but now I see it. It is some distance away but more importantly there is a Kathleen there in 1911 so not yours.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Prue Heron

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Friday 26 July 19 23:01 BST (UK) »
She died in the hospital, Kilmallock which  is the right registration area but her residence looks to be Kilteely.
I couldn't quite read it at first but now I see it. It is some distance away but more importantly there is a Kathleen there in 1911 so not yours.
Onwards and upwards!  Thanks anyway.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Friday 26 July 19 23:14 BST (UK) »

I'm reading the inquest report in the paper, her father was Patrick, married sister B O'Leary, Kathleen suffered from epileptic fits. She had no schooling and seldom left the house, she found the Lysol when cleaning down the dresser and just drank it.

Offline Prue Heron

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Saturday 27 July 19 10:51 BST (UK) »

I'm reading the inquest report in the paper, her father was Patrick, married sister B O'Leary, Kathleen suffered from epileptic fits. She had no schooling and seldom left the house, she found the Lysol when cleaning down the dresser and just drank it.

Thank you - what a miserable short life.  Glad  we have resurrected her a little... not forgotten.