Author Topic: Donley in County Mayo  (Read 659 times)

Offline Peter Stines

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Donley in County Mayo
« on: Tuesday 30 July 19 16:24 BST (UK) »
Hugh DONLEY and Bridgett Stanton. Daughter Ann born 1825. Need to find them so I can start this line. Ann claimed she had numerous brothers and sisters. She immigrated to America in 1841.
Campbell, Staines, Smith, Wolfean, Wilson, Donley, Dearnally, Blair, Comstock, Corman, Stines, Fiesel, Tschiedel, Becker, Gute, Merritt, Lawrence, Stevenson, McSparran, McCullum, Walker, Hamilton, Boulmay, Clegg,Atell, Patterson, Zogott, Getts, Harrison,

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Donley in County Mayo
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 30 July 19 18:42 BST (UK) »
You'd be relying on Church records BUT which Parish?

If they were RC then https://registers.nli.ie/   click on map, then Mayo and you see all the Parishes
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline NooshieW

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Today is the day of my life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 30 July 19 19:01 BST (UK) »
The only 1841 immigration for an Ann Donley (Donely) that I have found is a 16 year old Ann from Ireland travelling to New York -other Donellys on board are Patrick aged 85, Hugh aged 40 ,wife Mary, two boys Patrick and James, so probably not yours?
Devon,Cornwall and Somerset
West,Horne,Andrews,Melluish and Denniford

Offline Peter Stines

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 31 July 19 16:04 BST (UK) »
According to an interview in the Buffalo New York newspaper, she was alone. She first immigrated to Canada and crossed over to NY. She claimed she was born near Newport but wasn't specific. Her burial was in Holy Cross cemetery so I assume she was Catholic Her husband William Hugh Wilson was from Manchester. Their son Charles Donley Wilson was my mother's step father
Campbell, Staines, Smith, Wolfean, Wilson, Donley, Dearnally, Blair, Comstock, Corman, Stines, Fiesel, Tschiedel, Becker, Gute, Merritt, Lawrence, Stevenson, McSparran, McCullum, Walker, Hamilton, Boulmay, Clegg,Atell, Patterson, Zogott, Getts, Harrison,

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 31 July 19 17:06 BST (UK) »
That would be Burrishoole Parish.

https://registers.nli.ie/   click on map, then Mayo and you'll see  Burrishoole Parish
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.