Author Topic: George Smith b about 1915  (Read 2626 times)

Offline Susan Smith

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
George Smith b about 1915
« on: Friday 09 August 19 12:40 BST (UK) »
Looking now for any info or connections with the following,  George Smith b 1915approx m Matilda I Loveridge nee Baker,   George Smith was a Scrap Iron and Metal Dealer,  his father was William Smith deceased on marriage cert in 1948 he was a General Dealer,  George was living at 79 Alpha Street, Slough at time of Marriage.   If anyone can help with any further info it would be greatly appreciated. I know all about Bakers but struggling with these Smiths,  smiths are the Bain of my life lol. George was a Traveller.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: George Smith b about 1915
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 August 19 15:29 BST (UK) »
Have you located George and his parents on the 1939 register
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Susan Smith

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 August 19 16:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosie,  I think I located him with a family of Loveridge in 1939 in Buckinghamshire,  it would tie in as he married a Loveridge so could be same family.  On the Marriage Cert to Matilda Irene Loveridge nee Baker in Eton, Buckinghamshire 1948 he was living at 79 Alpha Street, Slough,  I contacted the local Archives and they checked the Electoral role,  he was there in 1948 with William and Ellen Fry,  was not there in 1947.  I am trying to work back on a DNA Match to find the Smith Connection.

Offline Susan Smith

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 27 July 22 12:46 BST (UK) »
Going back on this post I Put,  The Witnesses to the Marriage of George Smith and Matilda Irene Loveridge (nee Baker) Marriage are James Wells and Ellen Adaway,  Still cannot find anything further on George, his father William was deceased at time of Marriage in 1948 and on 1939 Census he puts his date of Birth as 01/03/1917 not sure if this is correct. If anyone can find anything further would be appreciated.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 27 July 22 22:51 BST (UK) »
Have you looked for him on the 1921 census which is only available on FindMyPast & is not included in the FindMyPast subscription so is pay per view
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)