Author Topic: Waugh family  (Read 720 times)

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Waugh family
« on: Monday 12 August 19 02:19 BST (UK) »
Wonder if someone can help, have received a message via Ancestry from a Debra E Carey re family info...which I have... but I am no longer a member of Ancestry and of course  ::) they will not let me in, could some kind person try and contact her if possible and give her my e mail address at  (*)   ....Ancestry do make things difficult don't they ?? unless you pay up  :-X Regards patvp   

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Waugh family
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 August 19 07:05 BST (UK) »
As long as you can still log in to Ancestry, you can reply to any messages you have received.

My Ancestry subscription ran out years ago, when I was unemployed and budget cuts had to be made ;D

But I can still see my trees, edit the trees, and reply to any messages.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 August 19 09:35 BST (UK) »
Just send her a direct reply to the message on Ancestry and include your email address there. She will be more likely to reply to that. If I received a message from a total stranger purporting to give me the email address of another Ancestry user I very much doubt if I would take it seriously and respond.

I would also recommend that you remove your email address from your post. You are leaving yourself open to potential misuse of the address when you post it on a public forum.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 13 August 19 00:03 BST (UK) »
Thank you all for replies, problem is for some reason, cannot log in ?? keeps asking for password and then will not accept ?? have tried changing password..but no go !!!!! just about ready to give up...am 81 years old and finding things difficult with all this tech stuff....will just have to go on hold...driing me nuts as spent a couple of hours trying to figure things out....but thank you anyway. pavp
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 13 August 19 00:40 BST (UK) »
Have you tried clicking on the link for forgotten password? That should send instructions to your email address for how to fix it.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 13 August 19 15:05 BST (UK) »
Your contact problem not made any easier in that there are quite a lot of entries in the member directory on Ancestry, ten under Debra Carey - none I could see under Debra E Carey - and most of them don't seem to have been on Ancestry for about a year, one for four months, and one was on yesterday! I went on and peeked on the member directory, but couldn't see any way to narrow it down, without knowing which family/families you share interest in.
Craclyn, if the person is given a message to contact the original poster, presumably they have the contact details, so it'd not come quite out of the blue?
patvp1: hope you get it sorted. Good luck.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 13 August 19 15:11 BST (UK) »
Actually, she may be confused herself - when I look I suspect that there are several different trees to that name and a couple to the same location, and she may be repeated a few times.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)