Author Topic: Cameron  (Read 763 times)

Offline Oranges

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cameron
« on: Friday 16 August 19 08:43 BST (UK) »
Hi, looking for descendants of Hugh Cameron and Susan Cameron ( nee O'Donnell) susan died in 1962 in Orr st ( I think this was hospital) her son also Hugh was on death certificate, I believe they had a large family of either 6 or 8 sons.

Fingers crossed
Thank you

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Cameron
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 August 19 09:55 BST (UK) »
Hi, looking for descendants of Hugh Cameron and Susan Cameron ( nee O'Donnell) susan died in 1962 in Orr st ( I think this was hospital) her son also Hugh was on death certificate, I believe they had a large family of either 6 or 8 sons.
It's usually a good idea to say which city/town/village, and to ask a moderator to move the topic to the relevant county board.

If this is the couple married in Glasgow in 1911 then (a) have you viewed the marriage certificate and (b) have you looked at the death indexes at www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk? There are 9 deaths of Camerons with mother's maiden surname O'Donnell. Of course these may not all be the family of Hugh and Susan as there were other marriages of a male Cameron and a female O'Donnell.

Remember that it is against RootsChat's policy to give information about people who are or may still be living.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Oranges

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 16 August 19 10:51 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much, Glasgow was correct

Regards

Offline doddsie4

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 25 August 19 18:39 BST (UK) »
      There was the marriage of a Hugh Cameron to Susan O'Donell at Calton, Glasgow, 1911, according to Scotlands People.     There was a David Grieve Cameron born in 1915 at Calton and died aged 71 in 1987 at Hamilton.     His mother's name was O'Donnell.      If the name Grieve is familiar to you then this one looks good.      It looks like he married in 1946.

There were a couple of other Camerons I noticed who died with a mother named O'Donnell.    ...James Cameron, born 1912 or 1913 at Calton, died aged 64 in 1978 at East Kilbride.      And John Cameron, b 1922 at Calton, died aged 52 in 1974 at Park Circus, Glasgow. 

Orr Street runs southwards from the Gallowgate and comes out at Bridgeton Cross.

These are just possibilities.

Offline Oranges

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 25 August 19 19:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Doddsie4, that's great thanks, the marriage in 1911 looks likely to be them as it ties in, Susan died in 1962 and their son who was also Hugh was on the death cert. I suspect he's also died but I wondered if he had any siblings or children, when I was younger I vaguely remember talk that she had six sons although we never met them as my Nan who was Susan's sister moved to bristol