Author Topic: Marriage look up, James Ballance & Elizabeth Vera Parry. Conwy June/1934.Please.  (Read 1136 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage look up, James Ballance & Elizabeth Vera Parry. Conwy June/1934.Please.
« Reply #9 on: Friday 30 August 19 12:10 BST (UK) »
Note- you can check exact birthdate in 1939 Register against the 2 1893 Belfast births but I think the James you are looking for is the son of George & Catherine. Details from James' marriage should list father's name & occupation to confirm this.

Son George buried Belfast City Cemetery but Public Ground-
https://dof.belfastcity.gov.uk/burialsearch/BurialRecordDetails.aspx?RecordID=7759.11194
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline wb54

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage look up, James Ballance & Elizabeth Vera Parry. Conwy June/1934.Please.
« Reply #10 on: Friday 30 August 19 20:45 BST (UK) »
Hi aghadowey,
                      Many thanks for all the links for James, I’m sure he is the same
                      person.  The both dates of birth are the same.

The other James is a cousin, the grandfather was James.
                      Will try to find a death notice in the local paper of 1942,
                      Best regards,        William .

ballance-belfast,derry,tyrone.parsons-dublin,belfast.lucas-tyrone,belfast.davidson-belfast,newcastle-upon-tyne.rankin-holy island,newcastle-upon-tyne.aitchison-belford,newcastle-upon-tyne,gateshead.harbottle-belford,northumberland, nz & australia.

Offline wb54

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 12 March 21 16:28 GMT (UK) »
hi everyone,
                   have just come across the obituary for James Ballance.
                   The North Wales Weekly News.  Thursday,  January 29, 1942.

Mr Ballance, who was 47 was a native of Dublin Eire. came to
                    Conway 20 years ago. 
                   James had 21 years army service, he went through the Great War
                   in the Dublin Fusiliers afterwards in the Leicestershire Reg.

this " native of Dublin " was born in Belfast, so now I will search
                   for any service records.      James is in St Agnes Cemetery
                   also his wife Vera, who died 1970.

many thanks for everyone`s help.
                                        Billy.

ballance-belfast,derry,tyrone.parsons-dublin,belfast.lucas-tyrone,belfast.davidson-belfast,newcastle-upon-tyne.rankin-holy island,newcastle-upon-tyne.aitchison-belford,newcastle-upon-tyne,gateshead.harbottle-belford,northumberland, nz & australia.