Author Topic: Vickers/Humpherson  (Read 705 times)

Offline Baudoux

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Vickers/Humpherson
« on: Saturday 31 August 19 13:28 BST (UK) »
Looking for information on Arthur Humpherson (1911)  His mother was
Florence Mabel Humpherson (1892).  She was married to William Vickers

Doris

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Vickers/Humpherson
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 31 August 19 13:52 BST (UK) »
You need to give more info

Was Arthur illegit if he was Humpherson??  His birth was post 1911 census

Exactly what info are you looking for?  You can use freebmd to find a marriage and the 1939 register will give you info as well

Same advice when looking for Florence

Use freebmd to find any children born to the marriages as advised in your previous post on the Staffs board and the same site to look for deaths

If you want info on Florence pre 1911 you can use www.familysearch.org which has the 1901 and 1911 censuses free.  As you already know - she was born in Durham
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 31 August 19 14:25 BST (UK) »
Arthur Humpherson birth reg Dec qtr 1911 Newport 6a 1233 Mother's maiden name Humpherson

If this is the correct birth reg it seems he was illegitimate
His mother Florence Mabel Humpherson was born Durham but shortly before the birth of Arthur she was living with her Aunt in Shropshire
It seems (from information on a tree on A******y) Arthur was reared by a Guardian and his wife and changed both his fore and surname and married in his changed name in 1939 in Birmingham -he died in Cornwall 16 May 1958

It may be a good idea for you to look on A******y due to the sensitive nature of the information -I suggest you look for Florence Mabel Humpherson to locate the tree

Regards
Suz

Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England

Offline Baudoux

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 01 September 19 15:43 BST (UK) »
CaroleW

Thank you very much for replying.  I have been trying to  fill in blanks as such.  I came across my relative Florence Mabel  Humpherson
  I found she was married to William Vickers.  I found I was showing an Arthur Humpherson..  I did at the time thought he must be illegimate.

I had not heard of the Site called  Free BMD.  Thank you for telling me about it and I will certainly look into it.

Doris

Offline Baudoux

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 01 September 19 15:52 BST (UK) »
Suzard.

Thank you for your reply..  Yes I am thinking he was illegimate..  I wonder who Florence's Aunt would have been in Shropshire.  Arthur would have been a young man when he passed away,

This has proven interesting to find this out.

Doris

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 01 September 19 17:09 BST (UK) »
Arthur Humpherson was born at 251 St Georges Rd Donnington Wood Newport Shropshire - this is th address Florence Mabel was staying at with her Aunt and Uncle (and lots of their children)
Her uncle William Thomas Cooper was married to Mary Humpherson (Aunt of Florence Mabel)
Mary was sister to Florence Mabel's father

Arthur Humpherson had a complete name change and lived with a "Guardian" (who was a company director Metal Merchants)and wife in Warwickshire who had been married many years and whose only child had died in infancy(I think)
Arthur married under his new names and died in Cornwall 1958
His guardian ldied in 1942 and probate was to Arthur (under new name) Effects £5681 12s 6d Rewsworn £5740 15s  10d

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 01 September 19 17:59 BST (UK) »
...and descendants of Florence Mabel Humpherson live on
Arthur (under new name ) married and had 2 children who have several children between them

Suz

Offline Baudoux

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 02 September 19 18:21 BST (UK) »
suzard

Thank you for giving me all that great information - very interesting indeed.

I will put it in my notes.

Thank you  again.

Doris