Author Topic: John Perkins and Martha Richards married 1820  (Read 2572 times)

Offline Perkins1820

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Perkins and Martha Richards married 1820
« Reply #9 on: Monday 13 April 20 19:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Jo

I note that you say Rosenia married Joseph Castello in Dublin in 1865.  I followed this up, this is actually Joseph Caswell, who was the senior Foreman Boilermaker at The Works.  Thomas Caswell Jnr, son of John Perkins, is a witness for Rosina at the wedding.

What puzzles me here is that I know Elizabeth Ellen, who I had assumed was a daughter of John and Martha Perkins, married Frederick Caswell, son of Joseph and 'Rosina'.  So I must be wrong that Elizabeth Ellen was a daughter of John and Martha.

interestingly, there is a 14 year old Harriet living in the house with the Caswells in 1901 - further linking to your Thomas and Ann Perkins (who also had a daughter Harriet, born ~1815).

So I need to understand who Elizabeth Ellen Perkins was.

Thanks again for your help!

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 14 April 20 03:19 BST (UK) »
Just a note to say that sons Frederick and Henry were actually twins - births registered June qtr.1839 Aston Union, mmn Richards.

As to Elizabeth Ellen who married Frederick Caswell - she was not a Perkins at all!

Frederick Caswell, 32, Boilermaker, of Inchicore, Dublin, son of Joseph Caswell, Foreman Boilermaker, married Elizabeth Ellen Coward, 32, 21 Fishergate Hill, Preston, dau. of John Coward, Hotel Proprietor, married 26/12/1898 Preston, Lancashire - witnesses William Henry Howard and Lucy Coward.

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Perkins1820

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 14 April 20 09:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Annette,

Thanks for solving the mystery of Elizabeth Ellen!  I wonder how I wandered off the beaten track on that one.  I must have got confused at some stage with which Perkins  married into the Caswells, and mixed up Elizabeth and Rosina.

Can I ask how you determined that Frederick and Henry were twins?  Twins do run in the Perkins family - Thomas (brother to Frederick and Henry) went on to have twins of his own (Alfred and Thomas Jnr).

Thanks again for solving my Elizabeth Ellen mystery!

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 14 April 20 13:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Annette,

Thanks for solving the mystery of Elizabeth Ellen!  I wonder how I wandered off the beaten track on that one.  I must have got confused at some stage with which Perkins  married into the Caswells, and mixed up Elizabeth and Rosina.

Can I ask how you determined that Frederick and Henry were twins?  Twins do run in the Perkins family - Thomas (brother to Frederick and Henry) went on to have twins of his own (Alfred and Thomas Jnr).

Thanks again for solving my Elizabeth Ellen mystery!

The births of Frederick and Henry are a) both in the June quarter of 1839 and b) have the exact same reference - Vol.16, page 189.   (Twins have the same page number or consecutive numbers).

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Perkins1820

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 14 April 20 15:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks Annette!