Author Topic: Samuel Franks farther and mother  (Read 730 times)

Offline Rory franks

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Samuel Franks farther and mother
« on: Friday 11 October 19 01:50 BST (UK) »
Hi I’m looking to find out the name and dob of Samuel Franks parents he was born in Gedney in the 1790 he was married to Dinah (sims) and had 4 sons and 1 daughter one was also called Samuel though I’m not sure if he had any siblings but would be fab to find out
Rory

Online maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel Franks farther and mother
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 October 19 02:43 BST (UK) »
Hello Rory and welcome to RootsChat.

Haven't found a baptism for Samuel yet, but just checking you knew Samuel was a widower when he married Dina. Marriage 16 Nov 1815 - Samuel FRANKS, Gedney, widower m Dina SIMS, Gedney, spinster. Witnesses: William Rowell KENTWALL and Elizabeth HOLT.

Online maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 October 19 02:54 BST (UK) »
Samuel dies before 1828 when Dinah remarries Isaac ALLEN, widower at Gedney 28 April 1828, (Witnesses: William H. KORCHWALL, Azaby GRAY, Henry FLOWER & John VESSEY)

The only suitable burial I can see for Samuel then is 26 April 1827, which has Samuel as aged 61. This would give a year of birth around 1766.

In this case there is this baptism at Gedney 22 Sept 1765, Samuel son of Thomas and Mary FRANK.

(All available on FreeReg.)

Modified to add:
This would also fit with a possible earlier marriage for Samuel to Elizabeth ROLLES, widow of Gedney, at Gedney 17 Dec 1793. Witnesses: James WORLEY and F. FLOWER. Though I can't see a burial for Elizabeth before 1815.

Online maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 11 October 19 03:34 BST (UK) »
Other children baptised to Thomas and Mary FRANK at Gedney are:

16 Jan 1762 John  (bu 20 Jan 1762)
26 Jun 1763 Joshua
1 July 1768  Elizabeth

Offline Rory franks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 11 October 19 09:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much that’s brilliant

Online maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 12 October 19 04:12 BST (UK) »
You're welcome Rory.

I found this interesting advertisement in "St. James's Chronicle or the British Evening Post". (November 7, 1772 - November 10, 1772)

"TO be SOLD in Parcels, at the Inn opposite the Church, in Holbeach, in the County of Lincoln, on Wednesday the 2d Day of December next, between the Hours of Two and Five in the Afternoon, subject to such Conditions as shall then be produced,
A FARM at Gedney, near Holbeach, in the Occupation of Thomas Frank, senior; consisting of a very good Farmhouse, with proper Conveniences thereto and about seventy Acres of Arable, Meadow and Pasture Land, in sundry Closes near the same, with Right of Common thereto belonging.
Also one other Farm, lying at Gedney Hill, near Gedney, in the Occupation of John Stranghorn; consisting of a Farmhouse and sundry Closes near the same, containing about 48 Acres.
The Tenants will shew the Premisses, and for further Particulars enquire of Mr. Calisthenes Marshall, of Hunmanby, near Malton, Yorkshire; or of Mr. John Taylor Attorney, in Bridlington."

Note it says "Thomas Frank snr".

A problem though, is that there are 2 Thomas FRANKs baptising children in Gedney around the time of "your" Thomas. The other is married to a Jane. So this article may not be related to your family.  ;)

Offline Rory franks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 12 October 19 08:56 BST (UK) »
Well I do know Samuel had a contract for 10 acres of land for mustered growing for Colman’s so it is possible that I could be the same farm  :)