Author Topic: Pte L Hutchinson, 74288. Royal Dublin Fusiliers.  (Read 567 times)

Offline king ranger

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Pte L Hutchinson, 74288. Royal Dublin Fusiliers.
« on: Tuesday 15 October 19 21:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Folks really struggling to find a Medal Index card for this man.Only other information I have is he was 3rd Battalion.Have tried Irish Regiments sites as well as the usual ones but no joy, any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
                           Colin.

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Pte L Hutchinson, 74228. Royal Dublin Fusiliers.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 16 October 19 10:02 BST (UK) »
3rd Royal Dublin Fusiliers was a reserve battalion that didn't serve overseas so if that battalion was all he served in, no overseas equals no medals equals no medal card.  His record seems not to have survived.

MaxD
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

Offline king ranger

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 16 October 19 12:28 BST (UK) »
Hi MaxD thank's for your help once again. I have just bought a Victory Medal for him, and checked details and does say as I have posted above plus 3rd . So guess he must have moved at some stage then.  I tried a site for the Dubs before posting but nothing appears ,a bit strange unless as you say he moved.Thank's again for checking for me.

Colin.

Offline king ranger

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 16 October 19 12:37 BST (UK) »
MaxD my granddaughter just came in and I asked her to check details for me, she thinks it could be 74288 . I have to use a magnifying glass with a light  to read it, and now that she has said that I think she is right. So sorry to mess you about.
                                           Colin.

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Pte L Hutchinson, 74288. Royal Dublin Fusiliers.
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 16 October 19 14:04 BST (UK) »
There is a Silver War Badge record for a 74288 Lawrence Hutchinson of the Devonshire Regiment who enlisted April 1917 discharged sick surplus to military requirements in Jul 1919.  He doesn't figure in the Devonshire Regiment medal roll anywhere.  Nothing in the Dublin Fusiliers at all for that number.  A Richard Hutchinson DLI and KOYLI has that number and medals

??

MaxD
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

Offline king ranger

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Pte L Hutchinson, 74288. Royal Dublin Fusiliers.
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 16 October 19 15:01 BST (UK) »
Hi MaxD
, I have bought a few medals off this dealer but they all have had documents with them, but this one had nothing at all. I had read that all the Royal Dublin Fusiliers records had survived and were on National Archives ,but when i looked it was only the 1st and 2nd, because as you pointed out the 3rd stayed at home and were involved with the Troubles in 1916. Oh well looks like i might have made a bit of a costly error with this one. Thank you once again for your help.         
                                                                Colin.