Author Topic: McCann family Portarlington  (Read 2506 times)

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: McCann family Portarlington
« Reply #18 on: Friday 06 December 19 19:58 GMT (UK) »
I wish you both a very happy Christmas. 

And a very merry Christmas to you too  ;D ;D

If you need more assistance, just post!  8)

KG
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline NMurphy

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 29 September 21 11:00 BST (UK) »
HI Im not sure if Im doing this right, I am new here. I have just started to trace my family tree and I discovered Richard McCann from Railway Ave, is my Great Great grandfather. His daughter Annie McCann married Thomas Burke and they are my Great Grandparents, their daughter Margaret Keogh is my grandmother.
I wasn't sure of the name of Richards wife but I see now from your search that it is Anne Bowers, Thank you.

NMurphy

Hi

I have finally obtained my great grandparents marriage certificate 12th June 1892 Richard McCann from Portarlington and Anne Bowers in Mountmellick (thanks to you 8 years ago!)and delighted to find my great great grandfathers names Peter McCann and Thomas Jas Bowers on it. Can anyone advise how I could delve deeper into these links?  I am particularly interested in the Bowers side as Anne according to family lore ran away as an arranged marriage was made for her (she is possibly Church of Ireland).. she met Richard at the train station and ended up marrying him.

I grew up being told that her family where well to do and from Rathmines in Dublin however an old neighbour told me she was a country woman possibly from Tipperary.  The census mentions Tipperary and Kildare where they lived and also Kilmainham.  I have nothing else to go on and would love to get to the bottom of who her family is.  Any help or information would be appreciated.

Offline carhoglucan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 18 March 22 19:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I'm delighted to hear I could help out.  If you need any further records let me know. 

Car.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 18 March 22 20:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi and a very, very belated welcome to RootsChat, NMurphy  :)

His daughter Annie McCann married Thomas Burke and they are my Great Grandparents........

Is this the marriage of your gt grandparents in 1928?
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1928/09080/5284711.pdf

Annie living at 25 Railway Place, Inchicore.
Married in St Michael's RC Church, Kilmainham.

Carhoglucan, with RootsChat's policy of no living person being mentioned, you probably need to remove the reference to J...... B.......

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline carhoglucan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 19 March 22 07:54 GMT (UK) »
Kiltaglassan

I took out the mention of living persons as advised.  Hope you are keeping well.  That record you posted mentions my grandmother as a witness.  Nice little surprise to discover this morning.  Thanks again

Offline carhoglucan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 16 February 23 19:11 GMT (UK) »
N Murphy

I tried to send you a mail but your inbox is full.  I have made contact with a Bowers family member and I have photos of our great and great great grandparents. If you are interested send a mail to me here and I can give you my personal e mail address

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 17 February 23 07:53 GMT (UK) »

N Murphy

I tried to send you a mail but your inbox is full. 

Unfortunately NMurphy hasn't been on RootsChat since March 2022 but if his/her email hasn't changed, he/she will receive notification of your post and will hopefully return.

In order to use the PM system, NMurphy needs to make at least two posts, before he/she can send or receive private messages.

Offline carhoglucan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 17 February 23 16:22 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Kiltaglassan.