Author Topic: People who might of known my dad from artane school  (Read 9912 times)

Offline Kathleen73

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: People who might of known my dad from artane school
« Reply #90 on: Thursday 12 December 19 21:31 GMT (UK) »
Kathleen, from what you have mentioned to me when sending cert over, Joseph was actually not last born son. Last born son was:

Christopher T McDonald
Mother's Surname: Costello
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1950
Registration district: Dublin South

Volume: 2
Page: 688

I sorry for the late reply  monica  I'm still  trying  to figure  out how to reply  on this but thank you so so much  that must be my granmother  and uncle dad most of getting  the xmas day date wrong
can you tell me were you found it on

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Thursday 12 December 19 21:47 GMT (UK) »
Kathleen, that index entry came from Ancestry's Irish statutory BMD index databases.

Monica

PS: Maybe worth you getting a copy of this to see what it says? Then you will have official records for all 3 brothers. No sisters?
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kathleen73

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Thursday 12 December 19 23:14 GMT (UK) »
Kathleen, that index entry came from Ancestry's Irish statutory BMD index databases.

Monica

PS: Maybe worth you getting a copy of this to see what it says? Then you will have official records for all 3 brothers. No sisters?
thank you monica  so much for your  help with this matter  I will try I think that was my uncle  Christopher and now I am so confused  I have just herd that he was born on the 16 of july 1950 so that would  mean  my granmother  didn't  die on xmas day like my dad always  thought

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Thursday 12 December 19 23:37 GMT (UK) »
Kathleen you can search for these records on FamilySearch
This is Christopher
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:F1DT-ZWP

This is the search page https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/1408347

Did you know the last child was called Christopher? I though you said he was Joseph.
You won't know for sure if this Christopher is yours until you get the certificate.
If the child born at the time of Christina's death died before it was born (stillborn) it's won't be registered at all and as Christina doesn't appear to have a death cert than it doesn't look like she was in a hospital.
If the child survived and does have a birth cert that you would expect Christina to have a death cert as well as they would likely have been registered at the same time.

Online brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Friday 13 December 19 05:11 GMT (UK) »
Children may remember what they are told.i imagine a scenario where they didn't see their sick mother after the last baby and were told around Christmas that she.d died .or they were taken away one Christmas before she died either way it must have been very traumatic for them all.
Kathleen don't worry if the paper trail doesn't always fit the stories you were told ..mistakes are made when facts are passed on orally or transcribed from documents to computers . It may take a while to unravel but I'm sure you'll get some more answers eventually .
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline Kathleen73

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Friday 13 December 19 11:29 GMT (UK) »
Children may remember what they are told.i imagine a scenario where they didn't see their sick mother after the last baby and were told around Christmas that she.d died .or they were taken away one Christmas before she died either way it must have been very traumatic for them all.
Kathleen don't worry if the paper trail doesn't always fit the stories you were told ..mistakes are made when facts are passed on orally or transcribed from documents to computers . It may take a while to unravel but I'm sure you'll get some more answers eventually .
yes it must of been very hard on her sons not knowing  were there mother  was and  why they were put into  artane  school it is a very  sad story  that hopefully  I can unravel  soon

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Friday 13 December 19 14:29 GMT (UK) »
A stage at a time always with this type of research.

I think that 1950 birth would be where I would look to next to confirm it is connected and if so, what other details it may contain that may help.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Friday 13 December 19 15:24 GMT (UK) »
I agree with Monica - check that 1950 birth.

I thought the death of Mary McDonald posted earlier might have been Christina but there is no husband mentioned on the death certificate so no way to check.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1950/04517/4189104.pdf

Added
I just checked Glasnevin burial records and there is a burial for that lady in the indexes but there is a charge for further details.
https://www.glasnevintrust.ie/genealogy/results/
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kathleen73

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Friday 13 December 19 22:50 GMT (UK) »
A stage at a time always with this type of research.

I think that 1950 birth would be where I would look to next to confirm it is connected and if so, what other details it may contain that may help.

Monica
I have  just  found  out that my grandmothers date of birth  was 1/1/1921 and her parents  names  were john Costello and a Elizabeth Cunningham and my granmother  was born  in kilkee  not killrush  and I also found out that my uncle  Christopher's full name was Christopher Thomas McDonald  born 16 july 1950 alots not adding up of what dad said