Author Topic: Info for Basil Charles Douglas Walsh, Vera Brown, John William Henry Walsh  (Read 2142 times)

Offline Kandi Burns

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hello I am looking for information on how these two deceased people connect are they brother, cousins or...…………. Basil Charles Douglas Walsh -who is my great grandfather who died in 1910\11 dates differ depending where your looking who was married to Vera Brown also deceased and John William Henry Walsh died 25th January 1919 in new Zealand and was married to a Louise Walsh also deceased. any help that I could get I would greatly appreciate it :) :)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Info for Basil Charles Douglas Walsh, Vera Brown, John William Henry Walsh
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 January 20 01:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kandi,

Perhaps you have further details about Basil and about John.   I have many questions, but perhaps the following ones are a good starting point.

:) From Basil's marriage certificate who were recorded as his parents?  When and where did that marriage take place?
 :) From John's marriage certificate who were recorded as his parents? When and where did that marriage take place?

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 January 20 01:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello I am looking for information on how these two deceased people connect are they brother, cousins or...…………. Basil Charles Douglas Walsh -who is my great grandfather who died in 1909 who was married to Vera Brown also deceased and John William Henry Walsh died 25th January 1919 in new Zealand and was married to a Louise Walsh also deceased. any help that I could get I would greatly appreciate it :) :)

Hi Kandi,

Please can you check your information.   The National Archives of Australia has a WWII service record for a Basil Charles Douglas WALSH, TX 3222   nok as Vera Walsh, but his dob is 4 July 1911

ADD   Here is the nominal roll listing
http://www.ww2roll.gov.au/Veteran.aspx?ServiceId=A&VeteranId=779922

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline Kandi Burns

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 07 January 20 01:21 GMT (UK) »
sorry JM I forgot to put 1909-1911 as different sites have him down as different dates.

Offline Kandi Burns

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 07 January 20 01:23 GMT (UK) »
Basil's parents where Malcolm Walsh and Ada Jacobson and basil married in Tasmania. but all I know on john is his name and when he died and who is wife was.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 07 January 20 01:24 GMT (UK) »
Kandi, your post has Basil as DIED in 1909 

JM

Offline Kandi Burns

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 07 January 20 01:27 GMT (UK) »
I just edited it JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 07 January 20 01:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello I am looking for information on how these two deceased people connect are they brother, cousins or...…………. Basil Charles Douglas Walsh -who is my great grandfather who died in 1910\11 dates differ depending where your looking who was married to Vera Brown also deceased and John William Henry Walsh died 25th January 1919 in new Zealand and was married to a Louise Walsh also deceased. any help that I could get I would greatly appreciate it :) :)

Kandi,  I cannot help you further.  You see, I believe your Basil was BORN in 1911, and that he DIED in 1977.   Original source likely to be transcriptions held by the Genealogical Society of Tasmania Inc.

Basil Charles WALSH died 21 May 1977, spouse Vera (dec'd) ... his remains are in the Bishopsbourne Navity Anglican Cemetery, Longford, Launceston, - L001/04016.

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 07 January 20 01:37 GMT (UK) »
There is also another Basil Charles Douglas WALSH, born 4 July 1910, Launceston Tas,  enlisted Fort Pierson,  his NOK as Elvie.   His service no. TX10669.   Perhaps he is the same chap as TX3222.

WWII nominal roll 
http://www.ww2roll.gov.au/Veteran.aspx?ServiceId=A&VeteranId=785175

You may need to obtain the Service Files from the National Archives of Australia, to go through and compare the files.

JM