Author Topic: Moore/Hughes  (Read 339 times)

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
  • peter drylie christina mcpherson
    • View Profile
Moore/Hughes
« on: Friday 24 January 20 17:50 GMT (UK) »
I am not sure if I am in the right page but I am needing help with children born in Scotland to Bernard Moore born 1847 in Ireland and Bridget Hughes 1859 in Scotland they were married Apr 30 1974 in Cambusnethan, Lanark, Scotland.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.   thank you   Kathi
drylie,mcpherson,tod,burt,beveridge
fife dunfermline kincross iverness

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Moore/Hughes
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 January 20 18:12 GMT (UK) »
Think you mean 1874 not 1974 for marriage

Are you sure Bridget was b 1859 - would only have been 15yrs old in 1874.  Do you mean 1849?

Simplest way is to look them up on the various censuses to get the children's names?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 24 January 20 19:07 GMT (UK) »
Did this family immigrate to USA ? ..I can see a death for a Patrick John Moore 1956 in Washington Pennsylvania ..Father Bernard Moore Mother Bridget Hughes
His birth date is 2/3/1880 Blantyre you can view this birth record on
www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk ( Patrick Moore )
Going by the census records in Washington the rest of the family were born in USA

Rosie

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 24 January 20 19:40 GMT (UK) »
There is a possible death for a Mary Moore 1879 in Blantyre age 4 might be worth checking in Scotlands People ...Since the birth of Patrick 1880 was in  same area  Blantyre

Rosie

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 24 January 20 20:27 GMT (UK) »
1900 census in Washington, Pennsylvania, has Barnerd Moore, 45, b Ireland; Bridget, 45, and Patrick, 20, both born Scotland; and Maggie, Agnes, William H and Rose, all born Pennsylvania, and sister Ann Carlin, 60, born Ireland.

1910 has Bernard, 65, born Ireland; Bridget, 56, Annie, 31, and Patrick, 29, all born Scotland, plus Mary, Jean, Margaret, Agnes, William and Rozie, all born Pennsylvania.

So it looks as if only Annie (1878/9) and Patrick (1880/1) were born in Scotland. Though there could have been one or two older children who were not with the family in those censuses.

I have not found them in the 1881 census so they must have left Scotland while Patrick was still a baby.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
  • peter drylie christina mcpherson
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 24 January 20 22:53 GMT (UK) »
they immigrated sometime in 1880 they had 4 children while still in Scotland Elizabeth in 1876 Annie in 1878 and Patrick in 1880 there should be one other one born in Scotland.  The marriage was in 1874 not 1974 my mistake also Bridget's birth year I got from her Pennsylvania death certificate so not sure if it is accurate it lists her birthdate as mar 11 1859 it also has her age as 53 yrs. 9 mons. and 6 days. Using the date calculator the birthdate comes out the same definitely 1859. So apparently she was young when she married. thank you for all the replies.   Kathi
drylie,mcpherson,tod,burt,beveridge
fife dunfermline kincross iverness

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 24 January 20 23:12 GMT (UK) »
The immigration is a bit blurred but this looks possible
Arrival date 22/12/1880
New York
Departure Glasgow
Ship Anchoria
Mrs Moore
Elizth  age 2
Annie age 4
Patk age 3

Getting a copy of the marriage for Bernard and Bridget should give you their ages

Rosie

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 24 January 20 23:19 GMT (UK) »
On the 1900 census it says mother  of 11 children  9 living

Rosie