Author Topic: Look up for Bromsgrove records please  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Graye

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Look up for Bromsgrove records please
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 09 February 20 23:30 GMT (UK) »
Thank you KGarrad, I do appreciate your comments and help and my previous reply was not really intended for you.  It's pretty straightforward to buy the certificates, which I will now do.  I was hoping for some constructive advice on how I could move forward into establishing whether, knowing a dob, I could find info on a person's death.  I'm reasonable sure I have all the right people but I suppose I am just doing some double checking by wanting to see the birth certs.  it just surprises me that I can't find death records for two of the three sons despite the fact that I'm reasonably sure none of them left the immediate (ie Lickey, Rednal, south west Birmingham) area.  The 1939 register DOES give me some dob's but experience has shown me that quite often the dates shown are a year out for some reason.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 09 February 20 23:36 GMT (UK) »
In my experience it’s mainly the older people on the 1939 register whose dates of birth are out, but if you find them on the register on ‘find my past’ and scroll down to the bottom of the page, they invariably give you suggestions as to other records for the same person, especially if the date of birth quoted on the register matches a subsequent death from the June 1969 quarter onwards.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Graye

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 09 February 20 23:50 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Deirdre784, that's interesting.  I'll give it a try.