Author Topic: query re passenger lists  (Read 951 times)

Offline KA

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
query re passenger lists
« on: Tuesday 11 February 20 09:17 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for three specific people returning from Ceylon to UK in the 1950s.  Does anybody know of any free look up sites for this time period and countries?

I can see them on the listings on a well known family research website, however, my subscription is with another one that doesn't have this information.

Any help to point me in the correct direction, if any, would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

KA

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: query re passenger lists
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 February 20 10:00 GMT (UK) »
Are the people still alive?

If not you can post the names and someone on the well known family research website I'm sure will be happy to look them up  :)
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 February 20 10:18 GMT (UK) »
Your local library and/or archives may offer free access to Ancestry and FindMyPast?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 11 February 20 10:38 GMT (UK) »
As KG points out, library access is usually a good alternative if you are not able to subscribe to a site.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline KA

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 11 February 20 17:05 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for your help.  I'll try and get into a local Library to see what they have on offer.  Had no idea they had these resources.

Further to Millipedes question.  They are all deceased.  If anybody is able to do a look up, all I require us departure ports and date of arrival on the manifest.  That would give me a time line to work on until I can fill in the gaps by looking myself.

Not sure if this is possible, and apologies for asking for something that may not be.

The names are:

David Rickard - arrives Southampton
Robert Skeldon - arrives London
Two for Hilda Martin (b.1921).  arrives London and arrives Southampton.

Kind regards

KA