Author Topic: Nelson / Wilsher Family  (Read 1721 times)

Offline skyshot1990

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Nelson / Wilsher Family
« on: Monday 09 March 20 20:38 GMT (UK) »
So in the two census, we have Wilsher & Nelson families

Lotis Nelson nee Wilsher being the child of William Wilsher & Lidia Willshaw nee Jones, camping in tents, fast forward 50 years and we have the grand child of William & Lidia, being Henry Wilsher with child Joseph, camping in caravans along side his 1st cousin 1xremoved Alexandra Nelson, Alexandra being the child of Walter Nelson & Lotis Nelson nee Wilsher.

I have seen on marriage certificate that Alexandra Nelson states he is a showman, out of interest are there many different trees of the Nelson family or are they all interlinked?

I seen that there were other showmen of Nelson down south.

1861 Pontefract Yorkshire
Camping in tents

William Willshaw - 50
Lidia Willshaw nee Jones - 49
Joseph Willshaw -15
Lidia Willshaw - 13
Walter Nelson - 32
Lotis Nelson nee Wilsher- 32
Henry Nelson - 8
George Nelson - 7
Harriet Nelson - 5
Mary Nelson - 3

1911 West riding Yorkshire
Both families: camping in caravans

Henry Wilcher -23
Mary Wilcher nee Earl- 27
Joseph Wilcher - 4

Alexandra Nelson - 48
Eliza Nelson - 47
Robert Nelson - 22
Elizabeth Nelson - 17
Henry Nelson - 11

Offline skyshot1990

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Nelson / Wilsher Family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 April 20 19:51 BST (UK) »
Yes I mention the south??

I was in a Facebook group, where the Nelson family was mentioned, that they were showmen being in the south...

Why would I not be interested if the Nelson families linked up, my research on that name is limited.

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 April 20 20:22 BST (UK) »
 i have found some information about the nelsons i do not know what is true though if you wish i will find as much as i can and put it on at a later date

Moderator comment: edited.

Offline skyshot1990

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 15 April 20 20:42 BST (UK) »
Yes we are cousins? Were 3rd cousin, We share the same common Wilsher ancestors of the midlands... I’ve never said we were not.

The Nelson family camped with the Wilsher family... SeeIng there was Nelson people down south, made me wonder if any travelled there. Hence why I wanted to know if they linked together or were totally different groups....

The majority of my research, these last two years have been on my Wilsher family, then the Boyling and Woodward families. I want to branch out more to the families of our great aunties.

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 16 April 20 06:54 BST (UK) »
 sound cousin , i will write back in the future then, well done with your research so far, keep up the good work

michael x

Offline skyshot1990

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 16 April 20 07:58 BST (UK) »
I don't know if you go on ancestry, but a person uploaded images of George Nelson 1854-1918, and wife Lavinia Herring 1857-1918.

George Nelson being the child of Letita Wilsher and Walter Nelson...
I did message the person but never got a reply, still interesting seeing their faces though.

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 18 April 20 21:52 BST (UK) »
Moderator comment: content of post removed   

Please keep replies relevant, helpful and courteous.  Thank you

no i  do not go on acestry, often people do not reply to messages, that's the nature of the world we live in, you have to just be happy when you find someone who makes the time for you, i have been reading and looking into Scotland regarding the Nelsons, you never know though with names, you have to have an opened mind, Scotland i think as a great truth to its story regarding how families evolved, in Britain as a whole the Gipsies have mixed with people who then either stayed strong as Gipsies or that line stopped being Gipsies, with the help of the d.n.a, a science that now cuts clean a long worn out wound, for you will offten read of this talk of the full type of thoroughbred, what this really means is people just staying strong in their family line and keeping it going, what it doesn't mean is this great unbroken line that is the pure one, if you can take the hits that come your way in honest research and still carry on you will evolve yourself and start to absorb the history of genealogy in the right mind set, you will cut through all the emotional wanting of  feeling that just leads you to a falsehood that in its madness becomes real, in truth the real truth in genealogy is very simple people throughout history find the answer to what ever time scale they are in, there is not just one road that as a people you travel, people adapt and evolve, they mix with who ever they meat as long as in that time it was the right thing to do, they either strike out as a family in a continued way, or find a new direction, d.n.a there is no doubt as taken many scalps, if not all, the Gipsies must of been mixing long before they came to Britain, from my research i believe they have mixed greatly in Britain, there may have been generations where things stagnate for a while but life always finds an answer, when you come to accept the truth about the reality of genealogy and leave all the romance aside you then start to see all the unrevealed truth that as been noted down, there is lots of answers in the old books, manuscripts and census reports, first you must cleanse yourself of all knowledge of how things are supposed to be, everyone as to see themselves for who they are.

I have enjoyed reading your research down these months, and have learned much from your work, i do not really talk to people but only talk to words, people may write this or that, state that they are him or her, such things have no bearing on my mind i just talk and read the person through their words, it does not matter what name or gender someone says they are, i openly just talk to words, when you feel into them the truth comes to you, i will write back another time, take care and keep up the good work take it all in your stride, well done i have learned much from you.