Author Topic: death in tenerife how do i find info  (Read 6204 times)

Offline Sam Swift

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: death in tenerife how do i find info
« Reply #90 on: Monday 24 August 20 16:57 BST (UK) »
The certificate - well actually certificates, have arrived, but I've placed them in Covid -19 quarantine for a few days after having a brief look at the essential details.

I filled in one form but emailed them to ask if there was any chance of having both the literal (In Spanish - as described by MonicaL)and also the international version which is multilingual but has only the basic facts so Oldhippuone would have an English version. I knew it would take a couple of weeks, so after waiting patiently, I was pleasantly surprised to have about 3 copies of each after asking or 1. They have been so helpful at the registro civil office at Arona, they've really gone that extra mile.

However......as expected, there are sadly no details about Margaret's cause of death, but at least it confirms the time and date as being 5th January 2004. The cremation was to take place at the Tanatoria Servisa (does not state which one - there were 2 - one at Santa Cruz and the other at La Laguna. So now that we have a confirmed death date, I've contacted Servisa to see if they have any copies or details of the medical death certificate that was necessary to register Margaret's death and if they know whether her ashes were scattered at the crematorium (only just seeing your last post about possibly having brought them home). I'll see what they say (hopefully they'll get the email and respond) before I make further inquiries.

I'll look more closely at the other details on the certificates on Thursday, but I think it just gives the local legal directive followed and names of 2 people (not sure yet who they are though).

Oldhippyone I'm sending you a Personal message and I'll see if I can send the certificates to you via the rootschat personal message system in a few days once they're out of quarantine.

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Monday 24 August 20 17:00 BST (UK) »
Oh good news; near the end of a long road, well done Sam & everyone else who has helped.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Monday 24 August 20 17:20 BST (UK) »
Sam swift thank you very much for the help ,, if iv not misunderstood did you say it gave the time of death ?  I'm sure we would like to know ,, if you cant send the documents through message then maybe if I gave you my email or are you aloud to put them on this thread ? Again a very big thank you ,

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Monday 24 August 20 17:27 BST (UK) »
You'll have to send email address by pm; I don't think you can attach files to a pm so Sam won't be able to send you scans via rootschat.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Monday 24 August 20 17:29 BST (UK) »
Ok thank you ,, I will wait till he is able to read the documents

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Monday 24 August 20 18:04 BST (UK) »
Sorry very thoughtless  of me Sam swift keep safe that is a priority , only open and read the documents  when you feel it's safe to ,,  please don't rush into it

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Monday 24 August 20 18:10 BST (UK) »
Brilliant results, Sam. So very well done  :)

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sam Swift

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Monday 24 August 20 18:40 BST (UK) »
Oldhippyone- Time of death was 20:30. I've sent you a transcript of the translation of most of the certificate. Part of it will have to wait since it needs closer examination due to fainter writing and some unfamiliar Spanish terms that look at first glance to maybe be judicial terms. You have to write an email address etc  in the personal message since email addresses are not allowed on the threads.

I think Josey's right though, looks like I can't send any attachments via rootschat messaging.

Let me know via messaging and I will send them one way or way or another once quarantine is over.

My thanks to everyone who helped with suggestions and links and photos, which all helped in tracking things down so far. 

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Monday 24 August 20 18:49 BST (UK) »
Sam swift thank you I have your personal message and I have replyed,  can I ask what judicial terms meen , does the relationship to inquest or enquiry,