Author Topic: State of emergency Covid 19 (Part 3)  (Read 4896 times)

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
Re: State of emergency Covid 19 (Part 3)
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 19 March 20 17:45 GMT (UK) »
I used to play with my sister's WW2 gas mask when I was little. I was born just before the war ended so didn't have one issued!.

Went to a Farm shop in Northumberland - managed to get some wholemeal bread flour. The yeast in my cupboard is best before end March 2020 so will be having fun.

I do have a breadmaker  :D
I am self isolated with my husband the families orders not liking it at all but we are both 82 so best play safe . I too have bread maker gadget its back in use this week .The first death in Northumberland  due to the coronavirus has died in Cramlington its so sad .Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 19 March 20 17:49 GMT (UK) »

Currently 50 cases here in Hertfordshire:-(

I'm not going anywhere, - but doesn't it take 14 days to appear, even if you have contracted it?

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline Albufera32

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 19 March 20 18:01 GMT (UK) »
It typically takes five days from contracting the virus or being infected by it, to start showing symptoms (such as a persistent cought and Fever). The symptoms typically last for 4 - 5 days for someone who is generally healthy otherwise (if they remain for more than a week or so you should consider contacting your GP or NHS 111) and you may still be infectious for a day or two more, hence the 14 days of isolation for those who have been exposed to the virus, or the family of someone showing symptoms.
Howie (Riccarton Ayrshire)
McNeil/ McNeill (Argyll)
Main (Airdrie Lanarkshire)
Grant (Lanarkshire and Bo'ness)
More (Lanarkshire)
Ure (Polmont)
Colligan (Lanarkshire)
Drinnan (New Zealand)

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 19 March 20 18:10 GMT (UK) »

I've had a cough since Christmas!

But hopefully it's not the Virus...

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 19 March 20 18:17 GMT (UK) »

I am self isolated with my husband the families orders not liking it at all but we are both 82 so best play safe . I too have bread maker gadget its back in use this week .The first death in Northumberland  due to the coronavirus has died in Cramlington its so sad .Elizabeth

I thought of you today, Elizabeth. We got as far as Newbiggin and had a stroll along the front as it was empty.  Then we went to Blagden (to get the flour  :) )  We kept our distance and used the sanitizer.   Have just got a walnut wholemeal in the breadmaker. It's going to take 5 hours!

You take care  :-*

Love and hugs
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 19 March 20 18:21 GMT (UK) »
I've got my mums ww2 gas mask in the loft ! It's with the ' toys from olden days ' which I ( who hasn't reached 70 yet ) used to play with. The  toys go into school once a year with my teacher daughter to show what toys we had ' back then'!
North East of England

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Thursday 19 March 20 18:36 GMT (UK) »
I had a little red one then a black one I remember going to school with a cardboard box with the black in I hope all keep safe Gadget I bet your kitchen has a lovely smell   Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 19 March 20 18:44 GMT (UK) »
Rishile, the plans you mentioned in an earlier post for decluttering, gardening etc has made me wonder what new trends might emerge as a result of all this?  Perhaps from this weekend there might be an upsurge in decluttering and therefore recycling?  Perhaps those in self isolation may garden more and there may also be an increase in garden recycling.

http://www.massobs.org.uk/write-for-us/12th-may

It is a while off yet til 12 May but no doubt the 'Mass Observation' one day diary entries which some of us do will be full of this virus topic this year.  I think this will have much historical importance for future generations to read about the impact and how ordinary individuals dealt with it.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Thursday 19 March 20 18:46 GMT (UK) »
I’m faaar to young to remember gas masks but I’m told that my sisters was supposed to have looked like Mickey Mouse  :-\
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins