Author Topic: Understanding Decrees in Chancery  (Read 3701 times)

Offline Suemagoo

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Understanding Decrees in Chancery
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 22 March 20 14:28 GMT (UK) »
The link you posted is my Great Grandmother’s people. I also have the marriage record for James Hodson Bond and Elizabeth Sheils. James’s Father was Rev. James Hodson Bond from Longford. Of course there is another James Hodson or Hudson Bond who came from Roscommon and he was in the military but not my ancestors.
I did find something interesting on Griffiths valuation. James Hodson Bond was living in a house in Dundalk on Wellington Place and a few house down Rebecca Sheils Eccleston was also living in a house. She was Brabazon’s Uncle’s wife. At that time she was widowed as her husband died in 1840(George Sheils Eccleston).
Still digging around. Thanks again Hallmark!!
Take care 👍🇨🇦

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 22 March 20 14:55 GMT (UK) »

Wow...the Longford ones are yours??

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Suemagoo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 22 March 20 16:59 GMT (UK) »
Yes but haven’t even started going down that road!! First it’s hard to know where to look for certain information, then once I get it, trying to understand what I have along with lack of knowledge such as history, customs, laws etc. I maybe slow but very determined to keeping looking. When I saw the overlap of James Hodson Bond with Brabazon Disney Sheils and Rebecca Sheils Eccleston, I knew I’m on the correct path! Then of course I find the other James H. Bond from Roscommon and of course there’s two of them!! So frustrating.
Everything you’re given me has been a great source and is very appreciated. I need to get to Ireland but I don’t think it will be this year.
Cheers

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 22 March 20 19:23 GMT (UK) »

You don't need to....   ;D 

Pity I didn't know this last week, I think Libraries are shut due to virus but I will try to contact someone related who has their pedigree done.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 22 March 20 19:33 GMT (UK) »

Photo of g/stone...

(c) Copywrite is mine

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 22 March 20 19:38 GMT (UK) »

(c) Copywrite is mine

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 22 March 20 20:34 GMT (UK) »

Source: JIMMY LENNON

Here lie the remains of Thos. Bond of Newtownbond in the County of Longford Esqr. who died Jan 27th 1811, aged 70 years. Also of Anne Bond otherwise Hodson his wife who died the 2nd day
of Feby. 1780, aged 30 years. Also of Jane Bond eldest daughter of the Revd. James Bond of Newtown Bond aforesaid. She died the 12th day of Feby. 1812 in the 17th year of her age.
Also of Elizabeth Bond otherwise Montford wife of William Bond Esq. son to the above named Thos. Bond who died Feby. the 8th 1813 agd. 38 yrs Also the body of James Hodson Bond Esqre. MD, who departed this life the 23rd day of July 1833 aged 26 years.

Underneath lieth the body of the Revd. James Bond of Licarrow in the County of Roscommon, formerly of Newtown Bond in the County of Longford Clerk who died May 8 1821aged 53 years
Also three of his daughters
Jane who died Febry. 1811 aged 17 years
Anne who died May 18th 1816 aged 19 yrs.
Eliza who died May 25th 1819 aged 18 yrs.

To the Memory of Lorengo Hely Hutchinson Bond Esquire only remaining son & child of the late Very
Reverend James Forward Bond Dean of Ross in the County of Cork and Christiana Margaretta
Hely Hutchinson. God in his mercy saw fit to take him in the midst of youth & bloom. He died from
the effects of having been thrown from his tax cart
It can be truly said in the midst of life we are in death. Although he now sleeps here until the
resurrection morn he yet speaketh & says
"Tis not through age that here I lie
Friends prepare yourselves to die
Repent in time, make no delay
I in my youth was called away."
This tomb is erected by his disconsolate mother as the last tribute of love and affection to the memory of her dear departed child Died July 17th 1849, aged 22 years.

Church built by Bond
http://www.igp-web.com/IGPArchives/ire/longford/photos/tombstones/longford-corboy-presb/target0.html

Offline Suemagoo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 22 March 20 21:57 GMT (UK) »
Wow, oh my gosh, amazing!!!!!!!!!!
Do you understand my excitement Hallmark!!!!!! Thank you so much. I think I need a break from Brabazon Disney Sheils, the Eccleston's etc. so this is where I will direct my attention for awhile.

I did re-read or try to read a land, estate record you sent me before involving Rebecca Sheils Eccleston, and Brabazon and sure enough I was able to see James Hudson Bond, so these people are all connected.  I just can't read the writing on the document, let alone understand what is being proposed but when I get over to Ireland, I will try and find somebody maybe in a library that can read the documents for me.
Have a great week Hallmark and it is 6pm here in Canada and I am going to raise a toast to you for being so kind, helpful and a great advisor.
Cheers and remember to wash your hands and stay safe.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 22 March 20 22:18 GMT (UK) »

I was wondering about Hodson name in Louth but didn't to complicate things....

they lived where the Hotel is now.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01p7v/