Author Topic: Party thread - All welcome  (Read 9840 times)

Offline Rishile

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Party thread - All welcome
« Reply #90 on: Monday 23 March 20 18:47 GMT (UK) »
I had to retire from the fray with a hangover headache yesterday. For the first time in this emergency I had a right old breakdown  ??.  Feeling more on top of things today.  Had to nip out earlier, passed very few folk out and about but when I did I had a go at the Corona dance  ;D.

Here’s how it goes - you meet someone coming towards you, you both dodge in the same direction until one of you stands still, keeping a distance of at least 12 feet.  As you pass you nod and smile ruefully, a sorry, sorry will gain you extra points.  ;D
Instead of saying sorry you should call 'Doing our bit for Boris' or 'Doing our bit for the NHS'.

Rishile
Stoneham - Kent / Essex / Herts / Bucks / Devon
Pike - Kent
Pay - Kent
Swan/Swaine - Herts / London
Bissenden - Kent
Chappell - Herts
Hammond - Essex

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Monday 23 March 20 19:39 GMT (UK) »
I had to retire from the fray with a hangover headache yesterday. For the first time in this emergency I had a right old breakdown  ??.  Feeling more on top of things today.  Had to nip out earlier, passed very few folk out and about but when I did I had a go at the Corona dance  ;D.

Here’s how it goes - you meet someone coming towards you, you both dodge in the same direction until one of you stands still, keeping a distance of at least 12 feet.  As you pass you nod and smile ruefully, a sorry, sorry will gain you extra points.  ;D
Instead of saying sorry you should call 'Doing our bit for Boris' or 'Doing our bit for the NHS'.

Rishile

It’s what you say though isn’t it when you do that avoiding bumping into someone thing.   ???
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Monday 23 March 20 19:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Fellow Party Goers!!

Just had to share my intense excitement --- I have just got a Sainsburys delivery slot for tomorrow!!

Let joy be unconfined. Yes. I have ordered wine - only allowed 3 bottles though.

This is the first time ever I have felt SO excited about a Sainsbury's delivery slot!
Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline Rishile

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Monday 23 March 20 19:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Fellow Party Goers!!

Just had to share my intense excitement --- I have just got a Sainsburys delivery slot for tomorrow!!

Let joy be unconfined. Yes. I have ordered wine - only allowed 3 bottles though.

This is the first time ever I have felt SO excited about a Sainsbury's delivery slot!

Oh congratulations Pennines.  That is really something to celebrate.  Here - have a hobnob.  I can even manage a glass of champagne.

Rishile
Pike - Kent
Pay - Kent
Bissenden - Kent
Chappell - Herts
Hammond - Essex

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Monday 23 March 20 19:58 GMT (UK) »
Oh thank you Rishile - SO kind of you to give up one of your precious Hob knobs AND some champagne as well.

Tastes delicious.
Places of interest;

Offline Rishile

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Monday 23 March 20 20:03 GMT (UK) »
Yes, my glass was much better than I expected but it does tend to go to my head and I'll probably have a headache tomorrow.  That doesn't matter, I'm not going anywhere but I do have to do some work.

I'll be heading off soon to see Boris's announcement so I'll miss the sleepover but I hope you all have a good time.  I don't know how many beds are available but I hope it's at least two.

Have a good night
Rishile
Pike - Kent
Pay - Kent
Bissenden - Kent
Chappell - Herts
Hammond - Essex

Offline Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Monday 23 March 20 20:30 GMT (UK) »
  Been without internet most of the day (hope it''s not a sign of things to come!) I have just read through this thread and had a couple of good laughs- thanks for that. ;D I love those "English" words to the Welsh anthem. We had to try and sing it in Welsh at the W.I. annual meeting at the Albert Hall a few years ago; they sent us the words in advance and I listened to Bryn Terfel.
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Monday 23 March 20 21:25 GMT (UK) »
Just listened to Boris and the news duplicating Boris.

SO glad of this party thread. We need to keep it going party goers. I must have been a really good girl having just got a delivery slot tomorrow for my shopping.

We'll have to make do with the clothes we have for next few parties - can't buy anything new - so dig out your stuff, make sure it's ironed and presentable (oh --- don't bother about that).

Just lets have some much needed laughs if we can.

Places of interest;

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Monday 23 March 20 21:38 GMT (UK) »
Pennines- no trousers to match,black seemed the only possible accompaniment.

Roger