Author Topic: Illston - Newark  (Read 1051 times)

Offline nettyuk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Illston - Newark
« on: Monday 22 August 05 10:50 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for any information on a Thomas W Illston who married someone called Osborne, and had two children (might have been more), in Newark

The children were Richard W Illston 1944 and Robert Ilston 1947

Thanks for any help you can give me

Lynnette :)

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Illston - Newark
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 August 05 10:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Lynette

I think at this early state of your research you would be better off getting a copy of either Richard or Roberts birth certificate. This should help you on your way a bit by giving you the mothers name. Hopefully then the marriage of Thomas W may not be too hard to find.

www.1837online.com

Sunflower
Derby- Bamford,Slater,Marriott,Lee,Fox,Hopkinson,Hawksley, Furniss, Froggatt, Stodd.
Notts - Breeding, Lacey Marriott ,Kershaw,Chambers,Geeson,Mitchell,Watts,Potts,Slack,Robinson, Cooper
Yorkshire - Potts, Bell, Derbyshire, Kershaw
Worcestershire - Dyson, Summers, Dearn, Jones
Warwickshire - Russon
Leicestershire - Stodd, Sarson, Berridge, Watts, Bradshaw.
Middlesex / Surrey - Markham, Pearce, Kalaher, Barrett

This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline nettyuk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Illston - Newark
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 24 August 05 12:16 BST (UK) »
I've been on to 1837.com, and found out that Thomas W was married to an Elsie I Osbornein the first quarter of 1942.

Richard W was born in the last quarter of 1944, and Robert was born in the last quarter of 1947.  These are the only children I came across, but of course there could be more.

I know that the Thomas William I am looking into died in Chichester in 1986 - I've already sent for his birth certificate, and the birth dates tie up exactly.  There is also a death record in chichester for an Olive Illston in 2000, so if the newark and chichester Thomas W's are the same, it would look as though he married again.

I'm just banking on the fact that somebody somewhere must know or know of the two children - Richard and Robert
Lynnette