Author Topic: Diary > Friday, 3rd April  (Read 1542 times)

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Diary > Friday, 3rd April
« on: Friday 03 April 20 08:42 BST (UK) »
I thought I'd start off this topic earlier today so that more people might want to tell us what they are planning on doing today, or to tell us what they have been doing.

I've not had my first cuppa today yet. Off to put the kettle on now.

Over to you.
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Friday, 3rd April
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 April 20 09:09 BST (UK) »
Finished nightshift.  Now at Newcastle waiting for bus.  Absolutely freezing wind tunnel in bus station and just noticed bus is only now once an hour.  Better than nothing though.

Can't wait to get in for a steaming hot cup of tea, cereal then off to bed with a hot water bottle.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 April 20 09:24 BST (UK) »
Think I'm a little more organised, Trystan! ;D ;D

Just finished my cuppa (Assam loose-leaf), and Hot cross bun for breakfast.
Nothing much planned for today.

A letter arrived yesterday in our block of 6 flats, for my mate who used to live in Flat #2.
He said he was walking round to pick it up, but I might wander round to his new gaff and deliver.

Can of soup for lunch - it's still only 7C here!

Finish up my home-made beef stew for tea later.

I have no need to go shopping; but might venture out for a walk.
It rained yesterday; so no walk  :(
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 03 April 20 09:27 BST (UK) »
it is Friday night here in Australia. :)

My day was very quiet.

Browsed rootschat and the news on my iPad regularly throughout the day.

Watched a couple of episodes of the third series of Ozark - very messed up.  ::)

Took dog for a walk this afternoon. Poor thing has a dicky tummy (day two) - probably picked up something forbidden on her walk a couple of days ago.

Prepared a curry for my daughter’s birthday dinner tomorrow night. Family would normally all come to our house for beer and food. I think she is popping over tomorrow to collect her present and dinner. We will sit outside in the garden several metres apart.   :(

I generally zone out in front of the TV in the evenings, but free to air TV is appalling at the moment. You would expect some stations to get their acts together and provide some good escapist TV.  :-\

Offline stoney

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum, bless her!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 03 April 20 12:02 BST (UK) »
Breakfasted, showered and dressed by 10am - was aiming for 9am!

Household chores (cleaning the bathroom, putting washing on) dominate the morning. Tea-break afforded time to fill in my diary for Mass Obs and the opportunity to drop into Rootschat while I have the laptop on. I'm trying to ration my need to follow social media and especially the news - I can only take so much misery.

Plan to get Mr Stoney out for a walk with me later, down to the canal and round the block - better than his effort yesterday which amounted to walking down the garden to put some rubbish in the bin!

Lunchtime - daughter and I will be glued to the TV watching a rationed episode of Neighbours (my only 'soap' vice!) then we will commandeer the conservatory to watch a Dvd drama, leaving Mr Stoney to his own devices, probably fiddling on his laptop as he half-watches a string of afternoon quiz shows.

There is also the suggestion of Mr Stoney and Miss Stoney actually sitting down for the much talked about game of chess - she has decided to use the enforced incarceration as an opportunity for her father's skill (!) as a County Chess League player to be put to good use trying to teach her the intricacies of the game. (I gave up that notion years back - he has his chess, I have my knitting!)

The great decision for now is what to have for lunch!?

Stoney

Beattie, Beveridge, Carson, Davidson, Hounam, Johnston,  Purdon, Rae, Stevenson, - Scotland.  Brown, Bulman, Cooke, Harding, Meyers, Osborne, Routledge - England

Offline Isabel H

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 03 April 20 12:06 BST (UK) »
I gave up trying to get food delivered, so it was an early start today for me, taking advantage of the  shopping hour for us older folk. Our local shop is better stocked than it was a week ago, but still has some empty shelves. Entry is controlled, and the baskets and trolleys haven't been so clean since they were new.

It's cold out, with occasional snow flakes drifting down, so gardening can wait. The weather has to be just right before I reluctantly tackle that chore!  Today I'll spring clean another kitchen cupboard, edit some more photos (from hundreds of slides scanned over the winter months and in need of a clean-up), read, and catch up on neglected correspondence.

I love how quiet it is without background traffic noise, just birdsong and the sound of the nearby burn to be heard. I'm also enjoying the challenge of making tasty meals from just what's in my cupboard and freezer, using up the odds and ends.  No need now to wonder how to use all of last years' rhubarb before the new crop appears. 
GRAY - Inveresk; Lanarkshire
LINDSAY - Lanarkshire
PURDIE - Lanarkshire; W. Lothian
POZZI - Elgin; Lancashire
MACKENZIE, MORISON - Stornoway
ARCHIBALD, HAY, HUNTER, SNADDON - Clackmannanshire
COXON, HALL, JACKSON, SHOTTON - Northumberland

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 03 April 20 12:19 BST (UK) »

Up at 5.55am, couldn't sleep coz of the utter silence.     
[ You coulld hear the blackbirds saying "Shhhh, you know how grumpy he gets . . . . ." ]
Expecting food delivery at 6.30 (ish), bet it's gonna be nearer 10am.     

So, onto exercise bike at 6.05, and keep an eye out.
(Wasn't there a special program about 6.05?)     

6.50 thought I heard a noise from outside so stopped.     Nope, no delivery.

Well, Did 11 minutes of dumb-bell   activity ( can hardly call it "exercise" )     

Another noise.     
BLIMEY! Delivery.     

"Stay away from me" she said  "You're not allowed to get that close"     
"Coffee?" She responded to my offer  " Love one , you sit on those bricks and I'll sit on the bench "     

Hardly worth her sitting down, 1 gulp and the coffee was gone.     

Oh well, time to sort out the fridge/freezer to see if I can find enough to make some of Kev's Beef Stew     

Bet there's not gonna be any leftovers . . . . .     

Wonder if Trystan's up yet? ;D
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 03 April 20 12:29 BST (UK) »
Oh well, time to sort out the fridge/freezer to see if I can find enough to make some of Kev's Beef Stew     

Bet there's not gonna be any leftovers . . . . .     

Wonder if Trystan's up yet? ;D

Quite right, Ray ;D It's nearly all gone.

On the plus side, a local micropub (run by some friends of mine) delivers 4 pints of cider and 2 pints of perry the other day!
Hartland's Dry cider and Hartland's Perry - from Gloucestershire.

Minestrone for lunch ;)
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Online bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 03 April 20 12:57 BST (UK) »
An early start for me too.  I was up at 4am getting the Milkman's delivery in.  I don't like to leave it outside.

Later spent and hour an and half playing games with the grandchildren via FaceTime so their mother could do some work.

These are challenging times but there are ways to get round things.
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk