Author Topic: Old Swinford parish records  (Read 626 times)

Offline jane k

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Old Swinford parish records
« on: Saturday 04 April 20 12:11 BST (UK) »
The furthest I have been able to get with my family tree is to a marriage in Old Swinford 6/6/1785 between Thomas Howell and Nancy Hall - both "of this parish".
They went on to have at least 5 children between 1786 and 1796.  The family was very poor - mainly nail makers.
I haven`t been able to find a death for Thomas or Nancy.
 I would love to find out a bit more and if possible to go back another generation.

Any help would be much appreciated

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Old Swinford parish records
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 April 20 12:16 BST (UK) »
Just because it says 'of this parish' it doesn't mean that they were born there. It just means that they had lived there for the required amount of time to be able to marry in the parish. Unfortunately they could have been born anywhere.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Old Swinford parish records
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 April 20 17:33 BST (UK) »
Hi . I agree with embletom but i have found a bit more. First forgive me but i'm on a paye mobile -it wont load most sites includimg ancestry FindMyPast and even my e-mail. Not sure when back online. But i have printf copies os 1768-1818.   So. Burial . Nancy howel age 37 buried 3.3.1803. Ann hall bapt 9.6.1765 d o thomas and ann hall is prob her. Nancy is a pet name for ann. Thomas hall married ann heathcock 10.6.1744. 7 other chidrn.  Thômas hall buried 31.12.1796 age 77. Ann hall age 67 29.4.1787. Thomas howell nail maker took william hanley as apprentice os 1783.   Ciderdrinker