Author Topic: Diary > Wednesday 8th April  (Read 924 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Wednesday 8th April
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 08 April 20 21:48 BST (UK) »
I still haven't received my 'owed' inhaler.  :( I'm not desperate for it but I don't want to wait till I am before enquiring about it, think I'll give them a ring tomorrow and ask how long it's likely to be.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 08 April 20 23:47 BST (UK) »
Awake quite early, read news online, caught up with RC then up for breakfast, Yogalates kit on ready for 10am live FB class....

Mat out in the hall, laptop set up ready to go.... no sound! I tried to follow the glass by just watching... impossible so had to give up... I'll wait till she uploads it to YouTube as the sound seems to work on that... well it did last time!

Changed and went into the garden, beautiful day OH already has ladder out and up in the Purple Acer to cut all the really tall branches before they get beyond reach...

Message from son in Brisbane he's ready for a FT... we're not so we speak to him later when tree work done and having a coffee...

They're both fine which is good, he's still able to continue working... he's always worked from home... making furniture...now people not going on hols thinking about buying bespoke furniture so he's quite busy.

DiL runs business usually jetting off all over Aus but not now of course... she's all set up on the internet and working from home... nice for them to be together as son spends lot of time on his own usually..

By this time we're ready for lunch!

Back out in the sunshine, O.H up ladder again reprinting brickwork round the side of the house... I'm cleaning the bird bath, looks lovely now...

Decide the two metal kiwis we bought when visiting son in NZ years ago we're looking a bit the worse for wear so out came the black enamel paint and now they're looking wonderful... might need another coat tomorrow..

Cup out tea and a read, chat with a friend on the phone and with neighbour whose now back from SA haven't seen her since they left here in October so nice to catch up.... from a safe distance.

A rewarding day in the sunshine and after all our hard work, shower, dinner catch up with daily briefing and evening of tv.

Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 09 April 20 10:43 BST (UK) »
Got up at 5am to go to work.  Heard wee one cough at half past, kept getting ready as I didn't know if it was just a one off or not, she coughed a few more times and I had 5min to make a decision if it counted as continuous or not.  I erred on the side of caution as didn't want to risk dropping her at childcare especially as I wouldn't be allowed to leave work once I got there so we are now in full isolation for 2 weeks.  My teenager is furious with me as her sister does not "seem THAT unwell" which to be fair she doesn't she is still winding up her sister.

There was a lovely tribute to my colleague on the local news tonight.  Thanks to my obsessive stock rotation (started way before Covid) we're ok for food and made peanut chicken curry for dinner tonight.  The girls watch Freaky Friday the film.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

guest189040

« Reply #12 on: Thursday 09 April 20 10:51 BST (UK) »
Took the dog for her one off daily walk, Wednesday afternoon.

There is a longish quiet and straight road and across this road at 90 degrees on either side of it is a tarmaced public footpath and cycleway which winds through the woods that we have close to where I live.

Up drives this girl of about 20, she parks up on the road and she starts jogging along the footpath.

Yep, another essential jpurney.