Author Topic: Jane Plaskett  (Read 486 times)

Offline Kenneal67

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jane Plaskett
« on: Monday 13 April 20 10:28 BST (UK) »
Hi All

I am looking for any details about Jane Plaskett born circa 1818 in Braithwaite. I have info ( none documented) that her father may have been called John and mother unknown. She married John Thexton in 1843 and died in 1901. I don't yet have a copy of the marriage certificate to confirm her fathers name.

guest189040

Re: Jane Plaskett
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 April 20 10:49 BST (UK) »
Ancestry for me is not returning a birth for Jane but it is returning a John who was born in Braithwaite in 1808.

Jane’s marriage?

Name:   Jane Plaskett
Marriage Date:   1843
Marriage Place:   Kendal, Westmoreland, England
Father:   John Plaskett
Spouse:   John Thexton

Her father may have been born 1776 and her mother may be Ann Stamper, they married in 1804 in Crossthwaite which is between Kendal and Lake Windermere, I got this from Pallots Index

Offline Kenneal67

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 April 20 10:56 BST (UK) »
Yes that's the marriage

guest189040

« Reply #3 on: Monday 13 April 20 11:10 BST (UK) »
Just found a tree on Ancestry with Jane and John.

It shows they had 10 children from 1848 to 1864 in Crook which is not far from her husbands birthplace which was Underbarrow, which if you do not know the place is close to Kendal yet it is in the back of beyond with very narrow lanes and in a beautiful pretty well unspoiled Lakeland valley.

The tree also shows that Jane’s Grandparents were John and an Isabel Seargentson.

OK so it is from an Ancestry tree of which I am pretty sceptical but it may help you to confirm each person.  If I borrow a person from some elses tree I do not move on until I have proved that I am right to include them.