Author Topic: Cruikshank/Cruickshank/Crookshank Co. Cavan Bailieborough Cootehill Shercock  (Read 2007 times)

Offline DonnyJ

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hello,

I am researching my family history in Co. Cavan and I have a photo of my great great grandmother Eliza Cruikshank's headstone.  I am trying to identify, determine the location of the  cemetery/church where she is buried.  In looking at the building behind the headstone, I have not been able to match the architecture with any churches or cemetery buildings in the area.  I know that she and her husband, Robert Cruikshank, were married at the Glasleck Presbyterian church, so I am assuming that they were Presbyterian.  Eliza died in 1889.

I have attached the photo here.  I would appreciate it if anyone can identify the location.

Thank you,
Don Cruikshank

Offline tracey clarke

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Cruikshank/Cruickshank/Crookshank Co. Cavan Bailieborough Cootehill Shercock
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 April 20 20:18 BST (UK) »
What details were on their marriage certificate?

Offline DonnyJ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Cruikshank/Cruickshank/Crookshank Co. Cavan Bailieborough Cootehill Shercock
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 April 20 20:37 BST (UK) »
I do not have a marriage certificate, but according to my records they were married Abt 1837

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 19 April 20 21:19 BST (UK) »
Just posting link to other thread about this family to avoid duplication of searches
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=829233.new#new

Offline DonnyJ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 19 April 20 22:17 BST (UK) »
Kloumann thank you very much.  Your reploy provided me with new documents on John, Martha, and Mary Ann.  Much appreciated.

Offline Kloumann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile

Offline DonnyJ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 20 April 20 01:26 BST (UK) »
Kloumann, thanks so much for your last message.  I am so happy to finally find the location of her gravesite.  The photos of the Killan church are fantastic!!

Offline Kloumann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile