Author Topic: Obituary Edward Marshall Lennox, died 09 May 1910 West Plains, Howell, Missouri  (Read 867 times)

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Obituary Edward Marshall Lennox, died 09 May 1910 West Plains, Howell, Missouri
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 19 April 20 19:18 BST (UK) »
There are several of his siblings which we have totally lost contact with, which include Rosanna, Francis John, James and Letitia.

Rosanna married George N. Brewster in 1868 LaSalle County , Illinois.

Groom   Bride   Date   Volume   Page   Lic No.   County
BREWSTER, GEORGE N   LENNOX, ROSEANNA   1868-10-04   D      1739   LA SALLE

https://www.ilsos.gov/isavital/marriagesrch.jsp

===========================

Rosanna died 19 Oct. 1898 at her home in Marshall, Minnesota.

Her obit below mentions & confirms she is the sister of Edward M Lennox.

The obit mentions Edward was living in Indiana at the time, which is consistent with him being in Indiana the 1880 census I posted above for "Edward M Lennox with Ellen & Stepson Frank in 1880."

The obit mentions Edward was with her when she died. In the 1900 census above I posted for "Ellen M living with son Frank in 1900. Divorced?". Edward is not present. Here is Edward in the 1900 census listed as divorced living with Rosanna's daughter Minnie & her family in Lyons, MN

1900 census: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M9ST-1KR

The News Messenger
Lyon County
Date October 28, 1898

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Obituary Edward Marshall Lennox, died 09 May 1910 West Plains, Howell, Missouri
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 19 April 20 20:22 BST (UK) »
wow, I am absolutely amazed at what you have found, RJ137. It is all correct, I am sure. We searched so hard for these siblings and you found them (as did Sandra). I was so sure that they couldn't have all just evaporated from Ireland but where did they go? You both have solved so much and I am so grateful.
There is one error on findagrave and on Edward's death certificate. His parents were John Lennox (not Thomas Lennox) and Margaret Marshall - I have the baptism dates for all of these siblings from Wood's Chapel, Ballyronan, Co. Derry, Ireland although the residence at birth was Aughrim Townland, Co. Derry, Ireland.
Using your Illinois marriage Index, I am wondering if Mary Jane Wilcox's maiden name was Dana. I found a marriage in 1863 for Samuel J. M. Wilcox to Jane Dana. I still amazed that you were able to sort out all these first and second marriages, and divorce for the Lennox family. I had a little look for Letitia's marriage but didn't find it. Thought it might also be in Illinois.
Thank you again and again
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 19 April 20 20:24 BST (UK) »
thank you so much, Sandra. I think some of your information came in out of order but it is wonderful to have those newspaper clippings and censuses. All so valuable and informative. Need to look for the Smotherman relatives.
Thanks again, Sandra.
Peggy

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 19 April 20 21:21 BST (UK) »
You're welcome,  always happy to help.

Here's a couple of news clippings to support records. It seems a lot centers around Indiana.

It appears Edward must have moved from Waltham, LaSalle, Illinois (1870 census) to Benton County, IN between 1870-1873. On the marriage notice, he is referred to as "Edward M Lennox of Benton County, Indiana".

Marriage to Mary Jane Wilcox

The Ottawa Free Trader
4 October 1873

======================

Marriage to Ellen Ahern

The Ottawa Free Trader
14 February 1880

Off to Indiana

The Ottawa Free Trader
21 February 1880
========================

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 19 April 20 22:07 BST (UK) »
A little follow-up on George Brewster.

He got remarried in 1906 to a Mrs. Minnie Kibler

County   Cert.#  Marriage Date   Applicant 1   Applicant 2   
LYON   F-253   10/10/1906   BREWSTER, G N    KIBLER, MINNIE    

The News Messenger of
Lyon County
October 12, 1906
pg-3
(see news-clip below)

========================

1910 census: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M2GS-NJD

George died in 1918.

Death: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FDSL-YXF

The News Messenger of
Lyon County
Date July 12, 1918
pg-4
(see obit below)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 19 April 20 22:44 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for this update. He sure got around. I am so glad to learn of Rosanna's marriage, and death, and of George's death. I have been looking for her sister Letitia who was in Illinois in 1870 and then poof, nothing. Also looked for brother Francis John who married Angeline Murdock in 1876 but can't find them in 1880 or later, anywhere.
Peggy

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 22 April 20 23:59 BST (UK) »
We have found Angeline Lennox nee Murdock aka Anna in 1880 in Indiana as a widow living with her sister Sarah DeWitt.
So Francis John Lennox must have died between 1876 marriage and 1880 census . But was death in Illinois or Indiana?