Author Topic: George Niles and Ann Kingdom  (Read 422 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
George Niles and Ann Kingdom
« on: Tuesday 21 April 20 21:31 BST (UK) »
Hello,

George and Ann married at St. Andrew’s Church in Plymouth on the 11th of February 1805. George was buried in Landulph, Cornwall, on the 14th of May 1833 (I know this as his daughter Mary Ann married there in 1834, later emigrating to Guernsey). His wife Ann also moved to Guernsey, and appears to have been born c. 1791. George’s burial records him as being born c. 1771 - evidently much older than Ann! I haven’t had any luck with either of them before their marriage. Could anyone please take a look and try and figure out which baptisms match them?

I’d appreciate any help!

Adam
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline DOB7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • SQUANCE family motto - Be wise and keep quiet
    • View Profile
Re: George Niles and Ann Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 April 20 07:22 BST (UK) »
Firstly, it is highly unlikely that Ann was born in 1791 if she married in 1805 - she would only have been 14. He was buried in Landulph which is approx. 5 miles from Landrake where a George NILES was baptised in 1774, son of Phillip & Jane. I note that George & Ann baptised 2 daughters with the name Jane - one in 1816 and one in 1821 - possibly a clue.
An Ann KINGDOM was baptised at Stoke Damerel in 1774, dau of William & Warwick (?).
Squance, Lillicrap, Dankester, Surtees, Yates

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: George Niles and Ann Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 25 April 20 09:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks DOB7! I’ve got those dates noted down. Ann always said she was born around 1786 - my mistake. I can’t see any standout christenings other than one in Crediton :(
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart