Author Topic: WESTMAN, Richard  (Read 1234 times)

Offline beato

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
WESTMAN, Richard
« on: Tuesday 28 April 20 06:31 BST (UK) »
My ancestor Richard WESTMAN was born in late 1808 in Laois (Queens) and I have found his baptism in the Church of Ireland Parish of Rosenallis on 1 Jan 1809. He later married Ellen Furlong but I have been unable to locate this marriage. However I have located the baptism of their first child, Saunders, in the Church of Ireland Parish of Clonaslee on 30 Sep 1838. The family then emigrated to Australia in 1840.

Any assistance in locating this marriage would be greatly appreciated.

Also any assistance with locating the baptism of Ellen Furlong (c1813) would be appreciated. She was the daughter of John Furlong and Eleanor nee Parsons who were married in the Church of Ireland Parish of Geashill just across the border in Offaly on 12 Jul 1805. However Ellen's siblings were all baptised in Rosenallis or Clonaslee so we can assume the family had moved into Laois after their marriage.

Offline martinsimons1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: WESTMAN, Richard
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 23 March 22 20:17 GMT (UK) »
I'm afraid I can't help with your request, but I was wondering if you might be able to help me and my search into Westman ancestors in Ireland?

I believe your ancestor Richard born in 1808 in Rosenallis, Laois, could be the brother of my ancestor William born around 1798 mostly likely in the same area. Do you have parent names for Richard? Also wondering if you searched for Richard's siblings in the records for the Church of Ireland Parish of Rosenallis?

I am based in the UK and only have definite records for my Westman branch in this country. Nothing definite in Ireland although I know that is where my ancestor was born. I have some information from the Westman/Langford book (although do not possess a copy unfortunately) that possible links to Westmans in Laois.

Thank you

Offline martinsimons1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: WESTMAN, Richard
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 March 22 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, forgot to mention that my ancestor William was a stone mason as I think Richard was? William's sons and grandsons were also stone masons. Family names are very similar, too.

All best